5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone using a bedrug?

tobyw

Reaction score
Another Bedrug fan here. My only complaint is that now I'm contemplating adding some sort of side rail system, and the factory holes are hidden behind the Bedrug, I'm thinking it's going to be a nightmare to try and get things lined up properly... :(

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Another Bedrug fan here. My only complaint is that now I'm contemplating adding some sort of side rail system, and the factory holes are hidden behind the Bedrug, I'm thinking it's going to be a nightmare to try and get things lined up properly... :(
I have the bed rail and thought about this situation for either the Dual liner or Bedrug. Buy 8 what I believe is 6mm bolts or screw and snip off the heads, screw them in and put up the bed rug and hopefully that will give your indicator than do the other side. I do not have a Bedrug or a Dual Liner yet to try it out.

Rick J

Reaction score
I already have the factory spray in bed liner. I just want something to keep things from moving around and comfortable enough to kneel on. It’s also cheaper.
That's why I have the Bedrug mat. Makes it easier on the knees for crawling around in the bed. Also stops the spray in liner from wearing on things as they slide around (like golf bags). I don't have it on the tailgate.

anthgulla

Reaction score
Just bought the XLTBMT19CCS on Thursday. Should coming in tomorrow or tuesday.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How does it handle being rained on frequently? What about cleaning mud off of it?

2020RamSport

Reaction score
I've had the full Bedrug in my '05 almost since the truck was new. It still looks great!

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When i installed mine the front wall of the bed does not lay flat (even though i flattened before install) any tips for getting the lumps out?
All of mine were installed while I lived in Florida and I would zip it together and get it into the bed of the truck without using the Velcro. Then I'd let it sit in the sun for a few hours to relax. Then I'd go back and "permanently" install it with the Velcro. Never had any lumps or bumps

RodRow

Reaction score
When i installed mine the front wall of the bed does not lay flat (even though i flattened before install) any tips for getting the lumps out?
I installed mine in winter after keeping it in a temp controlled space for a couple of days. In truth, there are still a few small bumps, but not enough to bother me. The velcro placement took most of them out. ;)

anthgulla

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with tailgate? Harder to close?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was initially because of stacking the j-clip, material and then I have a tonneau frame that created a little interference. After a week or so everything clearanced itself.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Bed Rug that covers the bed and tailgate, not the sides of the bed. It fits well does a great job of protecting the bed and keeping things from sliding around.
This is what I have and honestly I love it. It's weird, because you can slide stuff into the bed a lot easier than with just the spray on bedliner, but once you put something in it doesn't slide around like on the bedliner.
I thought about getting the whole thing, but I didn't want to be bothered by all the Velcro.

Anyway, it is definitely worth the money. It seems like a lot for some foam and waterproof polypropylene, but it is an instant fit and looks really nice.

Edit: I don't have the tailgate part. I didn't want to be bothered with the Velcro so I just got the bed. But I have a truck cap so I don't need the Velcro.

Users who are viewing this thread