5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone used Carbridge yet?

Stew81

Reaction score
I saw this video and was wondering if anyone has used carbridge in their Ram to watch videos, etc.

I have an old iphone that I thought I would jailbreak so I could try this out but then I realized that I have no idea haw to jailbreak an iphone. Seems like a cool app anyway.

FGildred

Reaction score
You only get video on the top half of the 12” screen, but I assumed that was case going in. Not sure how it looks on the 8.4”. YouTube works pretty well, but haven’t messed around with it enough to give a good review one way or another. I use an old iPhone 6s+.

Stew81

Reaction score
You only get video on the top half of the 12” screen, but I assumed that was case going in. Not sure how it looks on the 8.4”. YouTube works pretty well, but haven’t messed around with it enough to give a good review one way or another. I use an old iPhone 6s+.
How did you jailbreak the phone? Is there a reliable website that gives instructions. There are lots of videos about it on YouTube but I’ve heard most of them don’t work.

FGildred

Reaction score
How did you jailbreak the phone? Is there a reliable website that gives instructions. There are lots of videos about it on YouTube but I’ve heard most of them don’t work.

I don’t remember as it was awhile back, but looks like the checkra1n jailbreak tool, which is in beta is working well. I’ll probably go that route soon. https://m.taig9.com/tools/checkra1n/

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
If running an iphone, jailbreak for ios 13 cannot be performed at this time. Have to have a device running ios 12 or earlier. I purchased a jailbroken 6s and had a few problems with it and never got a chance to hook it up in my truck, so i sent it back. Im still on the fence about getting another one.

Stew81

Reaction score
If running an iphone, jailbreak for ios 13 cannot be performed at this time. Have to have a device running ios 12 or earlier. I purchased a jailbroken 6s and had a few problems with it and never got a chance to hook it up in my truck, so i sent it back. Im still on the fence about getting another one.

I've got a my old 6 that is still on ios 11. I'm thinking if I jailbreak it I can set it up to run off the wifi hotspot on my current phone. I don't have the balls to jailbreak my "daily driver" phone.

Need to do some research on jailbreaking to see if its something that I am capable of. Some of the things I've read so far go slightly over my head at times.

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
I've got a my old 6 that is still on ios 11. I'm thinking if I jailbreak it I can set it up to run off the wifi hotspot on my current phone. I don't have the balls to jailbreak my "daily driver" phone.

Need to do some research on jailbreaking to see if its something that I am capable of. Some of the things I've read so far go slightly over my head at times.
Yea i have looked into it too. The one i bought was jailbroke. The seller sent a detailed list of instructions on how to sign in to it and get it going. I received the phone 2 days later and i could get the apps to verify so i could login. He was nice enough to take the phone back and re-jailbreak it for me. He then texted me and said that Apple getting stricter and then sent me another list that f things i would have to do each and every time i turned the phone off. He was nice enough to refund my money. I don’t know if each ios jailbreak is that complicated now or not but i dont have the time and patience to deal with it now. I may buy another one at a later day. Lol

Sugar

Reaction score
Looks like sometime early 2020 he will have the new version out for 13. I have an old iPhone 8 im keeping at this iOS just for that reason.

Stew81

Reaction score
Looks like sometime early 2020 he will have the new version out for 13. I have an old iPhone 8 im keeping at this iOS just for that reason.
Its not as easy as I thought it would be. I've been trying to jailbreak my 6 (ios 11) for the last couple of days with no luck.

Users who are viewing this thread