5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone use Waze?

rgreener77

Reaction score
So, I've got a two week old Limited, and I use Waze on the split screen. Sometimes the waze volume works, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else experience this and have any tricks?

reb0957

Reaction score
I don't have that issue. Waze has been really good for me!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Begrenzt

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Thought it was my in-experience with the truck. Have only been on 1 road trip. Will keep track of it in the future.
thanks

reb0957

Reaction score
Whenever it mutes the radio , try turning up the volume by the knob! Are you plugged in using AA? Can you hear the Google voice if you hit the microphone icon. The only trouble I have with AA is sometimes it doesn't bring the radio volume back up fully. If I hit the Google microphone twice, everything goes back to normal.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah the volume is probably all the way down. Go to another app like Facebook or instagram and turn your volume all the way up while in that app and see.
Or like someone else said, try turning the volume up while it has your music or whatever muted

Justbry

Reaction score
My Waze volume used to always work until an update happened, not sure if it was Waze or RAM. Now it just lowers the radio without Waze saying anything.

rgreener77

Reaction score
My Waze volume used to always work until an update happened, not sure if it was Waze or RAM. Now it just lowers the radio without Waze saying anything.
same thing here, sometimes. I've tried to adjust the ap volume and nothing, it's all the way up. Seems like it's quirky for others too

fatNfurious

Reaction score
So for Waze I am not sure, but for Google Maps I had the same problem. I had to go inside Google Maps Settings-->Navigation settings--> TURN OFF "Play voice over Bluetooth" to make it work. It sounds weird I know but it worked.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I had to turn the volume up after the update as the update must have turned the audio all the way down.

rgreener77

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, it appears it was the volume. You have to wait until GPS is actually speaking and turn it up. I will be interested if it remembers or I will have to do it again next time.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, it appears it was the volume. You have to wait until GPS is actually speaking and turn it up. I will be interested if it remembers or I will have to do it again next time.
It kicks back to high next time you use it, little tricky getting used to it. You can also go into the setting to adjust the volume.

rconiv

Reaction score
Mine did that after an update, and had to do the volume knob thing, though on occasion, the volume of what is playing will go quiet, and turning the knob doesn't do anything. Though on occasion, it speaks, and then the stereo gets stuck playing music on one speaker, till she speaks again, or I turn the stereo off and on. This happened after either a WAZE or stereo firmware update. Think it was WAZE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online