5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone try the new Apple Carplay ios13 on either the 8.4" or 12" Uconnect screens?

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I was told that Apple updated Carplay with iOS13. Has anyone downloaded it to their phones yet and tried running it on their 8.4" or 12" Uconnect screens? If so, how's it working? Improved? bug? Anyone have screenshots to share?

M

Mdegen93

I’ve been on the 13 beta for a couple months now. CarPlay runs great and is improved for sure

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up a shiny new phone this weekend. Connected and worked fine on my 8.4. I have not used it much yet. Nice to have full Bluetooth control again vs my android phone when browsing songs, artist, genre, etc.

james.h.morris68

Reaction score
iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 13.1 beta works fine for wired CarPlay. Wireless CarPlay in my wife’s bmw was a bit sketchy to connect. Bluetooth only with my 2019 RAM and a 12” screen was a bit flakey to connect but it did eventually. 13.1 public version is out in a few days and I’ll retest. Also testing 13.1 beta with RAM wireless CarPlay tonight. Don’t get excited. They didn’t enable anything in the 12” screen. Wired to wireless CarPlay adapter being delivered today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used it on the way to and from work today. I like the split screen option showing music, and maps. Works great.

M

Mdegen93

It’s just nice how you can have Waze on and if you exit the app on your phone it doesn’t exit on the trucks screen

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I have been running it in Beta for a month or so. I love it. I just wish that Waze was compatible with the condensed screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rjhagner

Reaction score
I have started having difficulty getting carplay to work after upgrading to 13.1.2. Had been working flawlessly with iOS 12.....

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Been on the beta since summer when it came out. Works great when CarPlay works, but that’s on UConnect, not iOS.

69Sting

Reaction score
I had one time that Carplay 13.1 didn't work. Of course it was the one time my wife was in the truck and plugged her phone into the other USB in the front hub. I pulled over three times, turned off truck, open door (make sure power off) and nothing. After letting the truck sit for a few hours, it has worked everytime. Also wife is using the power plug in the armrest vs the front USB hub.
I already had the front USB hub replaced for bad connections. But did notice per the part number change it has had many versions already, Curious if the front hub is having issues with two carplay ports. The rear hub only has one port allowed to go hook up to carplay.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I had one time that Carplay 13.1 didn't work. Of course it was the one time my wife was in the truck and plugged her phone into the other USB in the front hub. I pulled over three times, turned off truck, open door (make sure power off) and nothing. After letting the truck sit for a few hours, it has worked everytime. Also wife is using the power plug in the armrest vs the front USB hub.
I already had the front USB hub replaced for bad connections. But did notice per the part number change it has had many versions already, Curious if the front hub is having issues with two carplay ports. The rear hub only has one port allowed to go hook up to carplay.
It’s likely the front hub USB ports. I know this for a fact and can tell exactly when the ports lose connectivity because it also does for my USB thumb drive that I have connected to USB2 (USB A port on the right). The minute I lose music from my thumb drive’s playlist, my CarPlay (on the left USB A port), drops as well. So it‘s not just a CarPlay only thing, it’s the USB ports in my case. They come and go randomly.

I have made an appointment with my dealer for first week of November (they are super busy with flooded vehicles from our big storm two weeks ago). I will report if they are able to fix this. I will demand they replace the USB console.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread