5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Try 22x10 with -18 offset wheels on air suspension without lifting or leveling?

RAMiller

Reaction score
Just ordered a new Limited with the off road package that gives you an additional 1 inch lift. The limited is standard with the Air suspension. I don’t want to add any more lift or level and really want to go with the Fuel Assault 22x10’s with a -18 offset. Probably 305/55R20 tires. I saw a truck on the custom offsets site that had them on a Limited without the off road package and said nothing about any level or lift. I want to order these and have them ready for when my truck comes in but also don’t want to risk it not working. Any feedback as to if this will not rub would be appreciated. Thanks

Rob3989

Reaction score
There is a guy who has a RC 3.5” lift and 20x10-18 with 35s and he still had to trim with 3.5” of lift.

Call Chris at extreme customs in Wisconsin and talk to him . A lot of times wheels may come in blanks meaning they could drill you the proper offset you need. He’s done it for me multiple times. I forget his last name but when they ask which one say he’s a bigger guy and they’ll get you to him

RAMiller

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I will give Chris a call. I am using 33's so hopefully that will make a difference.

19 streak

Reaction score
I have a set of 22x10 -18 offset fuel triton's with nitto 420's 305 45r22's. My truck is levelled an inch roughly in the front with a set of links. Mine wheels clear without rubbing. A set of 35's will definitely rub

RAMiller

Reaction score
Thanks 19 streak. I think I am going to order the Revel Performance links and install when I get my Limited (just ordered 2 weeks ago).
Limited comes standard with air ride and I ordered the off road package that supposedly gives an addition 1" lift.
Anyone have feedback on the Revel Links installed on the off road package? How much more can you gain on the front?

19 streak

Reaction score
I don't have org but I've raised the front 1" and lowered the rear 1" to level it out and i can still use all the air ride settings like factory without any fault light

TheSasquatch

Reaction score
I just had my 20x9 wheels with Hankook 305/50r20 tires put-on. Doesn't even come close to rubbing. ** But, I was looking at doing 20x10 -18 wheels before i settled on this setup and the guys at Discount tire went through all the numbers and calculations and said "as long as you were putting these 305/50r20 tires on those 20x10 wheels, you should still be fine with maybe a tiny bit of rubbing at full lock in reverse is all".
So I think you're sitting right on the edge of whether you'll need to trim or not. I'm really happy with the 20x9 with +1 offset though! I had my heart set on 20x10 -18 wheels but now that I put this setup on today, I LOVE it. I think it looks maybe a tad better keeping the wheels / tires tucked-into the fenders a smidge more than 20 or 22x10 would. The same size tires but on a 20x9 rim makes it look a bit more off-road because the rubber wraps over the edge of a bit more. Looks so good IMHO.
Good luck! Hope all the feedback we're throwing at you helps!

Attachments

• IMG_0510.JPG
    IMG_0510.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 182

RAMiller

Reaction score
I just had my 20x9 wheels with Hankook 305/50r20 tires put-on. Doesn't even come close to rubbing. ** But, I was looking at doing 20x10 -18 wheels before i settled on this setup and the guys at Discount tire went through all the numbers and calculations and said "as long as you were putting these 305/50r20 tires on those 20x10 wheels, you should still be fine with maybe a tiny bit of rubbing at full lock in reverse is all".
So I think you're sitting right on the edge of whether you'll need to trim or not. I'm really happy with the 20x9 with +1 offset though! I had my heart set on 20x10 -18 wheels but now that I put this setup on today, I LOVE it. I think it looks maybe a tad better keeping the wheels / tires tucked-into the fenders a smidge more than 20 or 22x10 would. The same size tires but on a 20x9 rim makes it look a bit more off-road because the rubber wraps over the edge of a bit more. Looks so good IMHO.
Good luck! Hope all the feedback we're throwing at you helps!
Thanks and the truck looks great! Did you paint the grill? I am considering having mine wrapped with black vinyl.

TheSasquatch

Reaction score
The grill is definitely wrapped! Do NOT paint the grill. Even 3 coats of paint will only last a few months before it looks like it got shot by a rock salt shotgun. My dad did that to his Chevy a few years ago and it was riddled with chips within a month (freeway driving).
My tint / clearbra guy wrapped it in 3M Satin Black. Also wrapped the tailgate latch. Everything else is Mopar OEM replaced (including the window molding and door handles). Didn't want to wrap (fake) anything I didn't have to. (Window molding goes on today hopefully).

RAMiller

Reaction score
The grill is definitely wrapped! Do NOT paint the grill. Even 3 coats of paint will only last a few months before it looks like it got shot by a rock salt shotgun. My dad did that to his Chevy a few years ago and it was riddled with chips within a month (freeway driving).
My tint / clearbra guy wrapped it in 3M Satin Black. Also wrapped the tailgate latch. Everything else is Mopar OEM replaced (including the window molding and door handles). Didn't want to wrap (fake) anything I didn't have to. (Window molding goes on today hopefully).
Thanks for the info! Looks like I will wrap.

pwhfmtx

Reaction score
My limited non off-road 4x4 rubs in full lock reverse with XD 20x9 -18 Cooper 305/55r20 ST Maxx.

Ordered Revel links and am thinking of trying 1/2" or 1 1/2" spacers.

It's obviously worse in Aero when in parking garage at work trying to to fit under the concrete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/