5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone tried the new BFG Trail-Terrain T/A?

EJ84

Reaction score
Are you still liking the new tires? Anymore pics you can share?

LVLAaron

Reaction score
Another hundred miles on them... They're a little louder than the stock tires... if you need to drive in grass/snow/light mud they're awesome.

mcosub

Reaction score
10 Years ago I had something like this, same name. So it was the first generation of these tires. I believe they dropped them in a few years. The set I had was not sniped so they were very poor in the ice. Before the 2nd winter, I ripped them off and went with KO2's These tires were so bad I couldn't back up a level driveway with a coating of snow on it. Flurries out, better lock it in 4X4. These where just garbage tires. Certainly not quality you would expect from BFGoodrich. Major let down.

Now yours look like they are sniped and they are rated for snow (with that symbol molded to the tire) so you should have excellent traction.

I've learned several years ago living in the snow belt. If I want good winter traction I have to look for the maple leaf symbol on the sidewall of the tires. These are rated for snow. M + S on the sidewall are NOT snow tires! Don't let anyone tell you different.
Maybe you are referring to the Long Trail BF goodrich. They came as OEM on my old early 2000s toyota tundra

Bob.

Reaction score
The name sounds right. They looked nice. Being fresh tires they were OK, but they were just terrible the 2nd year out in the snow. I couldn't even back into my garage on level ground without putting it in 4X4.

Bob.

Reaction score
Another hundred miles on them... They're a little louder than the stock tires... if you need to drive in grass/snow/light mud they're awesome.
I tried to buy a set of BFG trail-Terrain's for my wifes Cherokee. They didn't make her size in 18" rims. I ordered Firestone all weather tires called weathergard or something. She is happy with them so I'm happy.

Last edited:

Franky350

Reaction score
View attachment 115709

In and on. As always big shout-out to Discount Tire for being a professional pit crew.

10 mile ride home this morning in 20 degree weather (dry)

Comfortable. Very quiet. Not as quiet as the factory Nexen, but still very quiet. Probably can't find a quieter tire unless it's a strict summer highway tire. Tiny bit more noise going over expansion joints but overall very pleased. Balanced perfectly. I'll get them in the dirt/grass/water in the next week or two and report back.

But they look and ride great so far. Two thumbs up from me!
Love the Trail Terrain tires on your red truck! We are looking for new tires and like the look and white letters of them. I keep reading that wet traction is bad, what‘s your impression?
Thanks

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Solid edge tread isn't really designed for heavy rain and wet slush, no good for me.

Triton63

Reaction score
It’s been a while now, just saw these tires for sale next to bfg all terrains. Curious how the trail terrains have held up over time? Snow/wet traction still good?

Phippy

Reaction score
Mine were installed in April. Since I have company vehicle I just passed 8k on my 22' Laramie NE but twice in very wet conditions I've experienced backend coming loose around slight corners for traffic light stop. Combination of the light rear with 3.92 might of had more to do with it but caught me off guard enough to start paying attention in wet conditions. Cooper just released the Discoverer Road/Trail AT if these were available probably would be my pick.

Users who are viewing this thread