5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone tried the Hellwig FRONT Sway Bar yet?

RamRoadWarrior

Reaction score
I just got mine put on yesterday but I have not gotten the truck out yet. I can tell you that it is a solid bar, heavier than stock bar. My stock bar is heavy but it is not solid like Hellwig. I matched it up with suspensionmaxx end links and they are very well built.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought the front/rear balance felt pretty good with the stock bars, and my truck will see mostly road duty, so I probably won't venture into that area. But I wonder about stiffer sway bars putting more twisting load on the frame - is that a good idea? :unsure:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I thought the front/rear balance felt pretty good with the stock bars, and my truck will see mostly road duty, so I probably won't venture into that area. But I wonder about stiffer sway bars putting more twisting load on the frame - is that a good idea? :unsure:
Not a thing.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I considered it at one time, but after doing quite a bit of research on it, I found that it is really not beneficial on the Rams. Not that there are any negatives, just not worth the money spent (for me). Hellwig actually posted on their website, at one time, that the stock front sway bar on the Ram 1500 was sufficient and an upgrade was not needed.

Last edited:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Funny enough I always wanted the stiffer front bar but recently I decided to remove my front swaybar completely to see what the hype was about and danggg, while you do get some extra body roll it’s amazing going over bumps at an angle and hardly feeling the bump at all! After experiencing this, I really wish Hellwig would actually make an offroad-specific front swaybar that is much lighter rate than the OEM bar but still provides some stability under emergency maneuver situations. I think for now I’ll keep the swaybar off because no front bar and the Hellwig bar in the rear on the middle setting seem to be nearly perfectly in-sync with each other. It’s nice not getting thrown around the cab on off center speed bumps and dips

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Funny enough I always wanted the stiffer front bar but recently I decided to remove my front swaybar completely to see what the hype was about and danggg, while you do get some extra body roll it’s amazing going over bumps at an angle and hardly feeling the bump at all! After experiencing this, I really wish Hellwig would actually make an offroad-specific front swaybar that is much lighter rate than the OEM bar but still provides some stability under emergency maneuver situations. I think for now I’ll keep the swaybar off because no front bar and the Hellwig bar in the rear on the middle setting seem to be nearly perfectly in-sync with each other. It’s nice not getting thrown around the cab on off center speed bumps and dips

It may feel “soft”, but it is a little stiffer on the street for several reasons. Corner control being one of them.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
You might disconnect while off-road, but not a good idea on the streets. It may feel “soft”, but it is a little stiffer on the street for several reasons. Corner control being one of them.
Surprisingly cornering is nearly the same. The only time I feel it is if I jerk the steering the wheel back and forth. I’m sure it’s not *as* safe, but it doesn’t feel too crazy. It’s really common for SoCal trucks to not run swaybars

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
@RamRoadWarrior any update?

Side note, I switched my rear to the softest setting and I'm liking it! I was running middle since I got it. But I've upgraded my wheels and tires and shocks since.

Users who are viewing this thread