5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone swap to newer rearview camera mirror?

jassim

Reaction score
Watching TRX vids on YouTube and noticed it had the rearview mirror camera, I’m assuming it’s on the 21 rams as well. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 w/ 8.5 nav/backup cam option. Has anyone installed the newer rearview camera Mirror? Could they just tap into reverse cam and have it always on on the rearview mirror? Possible plug and play kit out???

Last edited by a moderator:

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Watching TRX vids on YouTube and noticed it had the rearview mirror camera, I’m assuming it’s on the 21 rams as well. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 w/ 8.5 nav/backup cam option. Has anyone installed the newer rearview camera Mirror? Could they just tap into reverse cam and have it always on on the rearview mirror? Possible plug and play kit out??? https://showbox.tools/

I suspect it's a lot more involved since they do not pull from the tailgate cam but instead use a camera mounted in the third brake light. You'd need at least the mirror, brake light assembly with camera, new wiring harness and who knows what else.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
There is an older thread that discussed this. Might take a bit to find it, but I believe all these questions are addressed in that thread.

Edit: Guess it didn't take long at all to find it LOL...

Users who are viewing this thread