5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone stay with their “ stock “ 18” tire size but with a more aggressive tire ?

TVS1461

Reaction score
I have 285/75-18s on mine with 3.21. These tires are heavier and 8% larger than stock .so they do affect performance....how much is not really measureable in my world. The truch has plenty of power for a daily driver. The low first gear in the 8 speed really covers up the loss of low end from the tires and for me, the extra ground clearance is worth the small loss in performance.

One added bonus to me is the taller tires tend to smooth out the take off from stopped. It takes much less effort to drive the truck smmothly with the larger tires versus the stock size.

These are my impressions however, and I'm certain there are others who might feel differently.
Do you have any rubbing with the larger tires. I have 2" Rough Country leveling struts and I'm looking to go to a 295/70-18 or 285/75-18 and I'm concerned about the clearance on the UCA's it looks tight. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stony0604

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread