5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Seen "Uconnect Box Requires Service"?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just picked up my 22’ 1500 Laramie from the dealer for the 4th time trying to get this corrected and the message popped up as soon as I cranked it. I went back in and was told I needed to call Customer Care and open a case. Has anyone had any luck getting a permanent fix for this?
Thats disappointing a dealer would tell you that. It is under warranty still and YOU shouldn't have to do anything. I'd find a new dealer. Sorry that happened.

benb1976

Reaction score
I just picked up my 22’ 1500 Laramie from the dealer for the 4th time trying to get this corrected and the message popped up as soon as I cranked it. I went back in and was told I needed to call Customer Care and open a case. Has anyone had any luck getting a permanent fix for this?

Actually I did create a case that helped usher this along and once I did the dealer got moving and I got it handled finally. My customer service rep was a gentlemen named Gabriel who was very helpful and spent time on the phone confirming with me this is a real problem and he'd help fix it, and he did a great job giving me steps to drive my dealer forward. They even called the dealer when my truck was getting worked on to make sure it was going OK.

Stellantis Case Management
[email protected]
1-800-826-6632 ext. 3026215 (Gabriel)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benb1976

Reaction score
Linking this thread with my symptoms I initially reported a while back:

Ihalterman

Reaction score
IMG_3719.jpeg
I just purchased my truck on the 4th. 2023 3500. The error was there on my test drive, salesman told me it needs an update and to bring it in to the service department the next day. (I bought it Labor Day the service department was closed). As I write this, I’m sitting in the waiting area of my dealership. Mine was able to get an OTA update, but it didn’t resolve the error. No, SOS or Assistance as they have red lights. Wi-fI hot spot appears to work, but Alexa doesn’t.

I’ve been here two hours, looked at my truck, they have parts of the dash removed, but there are no mechanics actively working on any vehicle in the shop. Haven’t been for the last hour. Because why not waste my Saturday.

benb1976

Reaction score
View attachment 166955
I just purchased my truck on the 4th. 2023 3500. The error was there on my test drive, salesman told me it needs an update and to bring it in to the service department the next day. (I bought it Labor Day the service department was closed). As I write this, I’m sitting in the waiting area of my dealership. Mine was able to get an OTA update, but it didn’t resolve the error. No, SOS or Assistance as they have red lights. Wi-fI hot spot appears to work, but Alexa doesn’t.

I’ve been here two hours, looked at my truck, they have parts of the dash removed, but there are no mechanics actively working on any vehicle in the shop. Haven’t been for the last hour. Because why not waste my Saturday.

Sorry about that I was frustrated for a long time with this issue. They will likely be having to order the Telematics BOX Module as they did mine after the full diagnosis they performed at the dealer which caused me to have to come back in two weeks. There is no Uconnect radio update that will magically get the TBM working since the TBM gets all the initial setup and configs only at the dealership when connected to their in-house software. My dealer told me that it's a known issue with the TBMs having issues and the onscreen message points to the 'Box' having the issue requiring service preventing connectivity rather than the radio needing an update. The glaring symptom aside from the specific effor messaging on screen for the TBM they said is the SOS button not working and showing a red led.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The message on the screen is generic, and may indicate a number of different problems with the telematics. Mine said this a couple months ago, then informed me it wanted to download an update, which I allowed it to do, and hasn't shown the message since. YMMV

Bmarble

Reaction score
The message on the screen is generic, and may indicate a number of different problems with the telematics. Mine said this a couple months ago, then informed me it wanted to download an update, which I allowed it to do, and hasn't shown the message since. YMMV
Actually I did create a case that helped usher this along and once I did the dealer got moving and I got it handled finally. My customer service rep was a gentlemen named Gabriel who was very helpful and spent time on the phone confirming with me this is a real problem and he'd help fix it, and he did a great job giving me steps to drive my dealer forward. They even called the dealer when my truck was getting worked on to make sure it was going OK.

Stellantis Case Management
[email protected]
1-800-826-6632 ext. 3026215 (Gabriel)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is anyone else onboard with a class action on this matter. Mine has been in the shop so much it is ridiculous!

mattee

Reaction score
I just got my truck back from the dealer today for this same issue. They have done several software updates, replaced the radio, and today they performed some kind of reprograming procedure on the telematics box which included driving it 10 miles and 5 ignition cycles and the message appeared when I started the truck at the dealership. Service manager said he will start a ticket with Stelantis engineering so I see what happens from here:(

mattee

Reaction score
This is from another member that replied to me on another thread about this issue because i'm considering removing mine. Hope it helps:

Voice commands still work.
I have mine removed, if there is a list of things you want me to check I can.
It kills your connection to Ram, not the outside world.
If you are not paying for subscriptions your truck is already working like it's "offline".
I can say "give me directions to Walmart" and it will load a list of nearby Walmarts on my radio as it has offline maps as do all 2022s (that include nav)

It's just the Ram app, and anything that communicates with Ram such as monthly reports that say stuff like your tire pressure, oil %, etc.
It's the same thing as taking the sim card out of a cellphone, you can still download apps on wifi, and everything on it still works fine. If you ask it for the weather it will have no idea because it is not connected for exmaple.

mattee

Reaction score
Here's a link to the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread