5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Seen "Uconnect Box Requires Service"?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This message has been popping up over the last few days. I will be making an appointment, but curious if anyone else has been it?
IMG_2235.JPG

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine did that early on. If I understand correctly, the Uconnect box needs to download a "certificate" from Stellantis' server. Network geeks will know what that means. In order to do this, it needs to be turned on for something like 20 minutes, sitting somewhere that it can see its satellite network. Dealer may also be able to do it by wired connection to their computer. Not to be confused with a similar message that says the Uconnect box battery requires service. Mine did that too, later on, and dealer replaced the Uconnect box to fix that.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine did that early on. If I understand correctly, the Uconnect box needs to download a "certificate" from Stellantis' server. Network geeks will know what that means. In order to do this, it needs to be turned on for something like 20 minutes, sitting somewhere that it can see its satellite network. Dealer may also be able to do it by wired connection to their computer. Not to be confused with a similar message that says the Uconnect box battery requires service. Mine did that too, later on, and dealer replaced the Uconnect box to fix that.
Thanks. I've done that several times just driving down a major highway so it should have downloaded whatever it needs. I'll mention it to my service advisor. My Off Road engine temp
Gauge also only works after I do a soft reset.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. I've done that several times just driving down a major highway so it should have downloaded whatever it needs.
Not running, just "on" is the way I interpreted it.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Were you able to get your issue resolved? Mine is doing the same thing and I have taken it to the dealer with no resolution.
It hasn't come back but the dealer said there were no updates for the UConnect. I guess it fixed itself. More likely it is waiting for the stars to line up.

bborzell

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I just discovered the error message this morning. Shut things down, tried it 20 minutes later, still there.

Checked out similar reports via Google and found stuff all over the map. One report suggested parking with clear sky to sats, leave ignition on and come back 20-30 minutes later.

Did that and no more error message. YMMV.

johnstclair

Reaction score
I just had the same message co.e up on the rebel I just bought I called the dealer and they are ignoring me, I just got the truck a few days ago

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just had the same message co.e up on the rebel I just bought I called the dealer and they are ignoring me, I just got the truck a few days ago
Johnstclair,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to provide you with more information.

William
Ram Cares

Reaction score
Man the dealer within 50 miles from me all suck, I wouldn't trust them again with my truck. Really sucks I will have to take it in.

d-hunter1

Reaction score
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie, 12 inch, 19K miles 15 months old. My truck gave me the error 3 weeks ago. I had my appointment today. THey had to replace the cell antenna. It required them to remove the headliner. Thankfully it was all covered under warranty. The service advisor (that I trust) told me that was the first antenna they had to replace. He said it is usually software or a bad box.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine did it for a couple weeks recently and I just tapped on the okay button each time and ignored it. Aside from the message when starting up, everything seemed to be working. Then one day as I turned it off it said it wanted to download an update and I let it. Hasn't had the message since then. 🤷‍♂️

Way2QWK

Reaction score
My 2022 was showing this message every time I started the truck back in May. Dealer said it was a loose connector behind radio. I didn't buy it. Message was back when I picked the truck up from dealer. A few weeks later it disappeared and hasn't been back. I think its was as others have said. It just needed the stars to align and update on its own.

benb1976

Reaction score
This was a problem for me as soon as i took ownership of my 2022. I had an open case for months with any connected feature not working such as wifi, SoS, etc. I took it in three times to be looked at with the first two being told it will update on its own, and then finally after the third time a senior tech said there is an hardware issue since the radio was not taking the assigned update for my VIN, which I guess proved to them I needed a new TBM. They ordered me a new TBM, and replaced under warranty, now I've since received a couple updates and all is good.

B Morrison

Reaction score
This was a problem for me as soon as i took ownership of my 2022. I had an open case for months with any connected feature not working such as wifi, SoS, etc. I took it in three times to be looked at with the first two being told it will update on its own, and then finally after the third time a senior tech said there is an hardware issue since the radio was not taking the assigned update for my VIN, which I guess proved to them I needed a new TBM. They ordered me a new TBM, and replaced under warranty, now I've since received a couple updates and all is good.
I just picked up my 22’ 1500 Laramie from the dealer for the 4th time trying to get this corrected and the message popped up as soon as I cranked it. I went back in and was told I needed to call Customer Care and open a case. Has anyone had any luck getting a permanent fix for this?

Users who are viewing this thread