5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone running wheels with no TPMS sensors??

Damion

Reaction score
I bought a set of Mopar steel wheels for winter use, I didn't get the TPMS installed in them, as the dealer said the truck will go into " winter mode " and not have a TPMS warning light or chime keep coming up on the screen.

I did the same setup on my '16 ram and while it did go into " winter mode " with no lights etc, every time I started the truck instead of the digital speedo in the centre of the gauges id have the tire pressure screen showing all lines with no pressures ( again due to no TPMS in the winter wheels ) and then had to push the up arrow on the steering wheel after every start to get back to the speedo screen.

So my question is on the 5th gens with no TPMS in the tires, does it default back to the tire pressure screen or whichever screen you would normally have displayed after you start it?

I may have to get the TPMS installed, its half of a PITA to hit the up arrow on the steering wheel to get my digital speedometer back . ( I know first world problems but still.. )

Hanmore

Reaction score
I bought a set of Mopar steel wheels for winter use, I didn't get the TPMS installed in them, as the dealer said the truck will go into " winter mode " and not have a TPMS warning light or chime keep coming up on the screen.

I did the same setup on my '16 ram and while it did go into " winter mode " with no lights etc, every time I started the truck instead of the digital speedo in the centre of the gauges id have the tire pressure screen showing all lines with no pressures ( again due to no TPMS in the winter wheels ) and then had to push the up arrow on the steering wheel after every start to get back to the speedo screen.

So my question is on the 5th gens with no TPMS in the tires, does it default back to the tire pressure screen or whichever screen you would normally have displayed after you start it?

I may have to get the TPMS installed, its half of a PITA to hit the up arrow on the steering wheel to get my digital speedometer back . ( I know first world problems but still.. )
after reading this I immediatly called the dealer and had them installed. After the cost of tires and rims I think it is not worth the hasssel.
They are not that expensive after factoring all the costs. Pluss you will be using them a few years.
Cheers

agjr85

Reaction score
got mine on ebay for like $60 when I got aftermarket wheels.
More expensive in some cases if you have them break up yours and swap.

Users who are viewing this thread