5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone running GM wheels on their Ram? Any pics to share?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried going down that hole before. And from what I’ve seen, the offset and backspacing is significantly different then our stockers that I gave up trying to figure out how to make them work. I think GM’s wheel selection is much nicer than Ram. But I’m curious to see what comes up and if they do, in fact, work. Good luck man.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also asked this question awhile back. It's going to take someone going on a GM forum and getting the offset numbers. I've been too lazy, but it does significantly open up the craigslist/facebook marketplace used selection. I wonder if the Hollander book or Discount Tire etc would have OEM numbers? They really can't be that far off Ram's.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also asked this question awhile back. It's going to take someone going on a GM forum and getting the offset numbers. I've been too lazy, but it does significantly open up the craigslist/facebook marketplace used selection. I wonder if the Hollander book or Discount Tire etc would have OEM numbers? They really can't be that far off Ram's.

1711638760565.png

Attachments

• 1711638732533.png
    1711638732533.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 9

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like offset is 24-30 since 17” wheels won’t work on our Rams. So off the top of my head, a minimum of 1.5” wheel adapter would be needed to run GM wheels with peace of mind, for me anyway. I currently have 1”-1.25” adapters and would try a set of 18” or even 20” GM take offs if I found someone to let me try them for figment.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like offset is 24-30 since 17” wheels won’t work on our Rams. So off the top of my head, a minimum of 1.5” wheel adapter would be needed to run GM wheels with peace of mind, for me anyway. I currently have 1”-1.25” adapters and would try a set of 18” or even 20” GM take offs if I found someone to let me try them for figment.
Ignore the range. I'm not sure why they put that
18's are 26
20's are 28

So they would both sit inside the wheel well more.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Uh, aren't ours typically 19? So by my math, about 5/16"?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On a side note are the Wagoneer Wheels the same offset as the Rams? Thier are a couple wheel designs on the Jeep I would consider swapping for.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On a side note are the Wagoneer Wheels the same offset as the Rams? Thier are a couple wheel designs on the Jeep I would consider swapping for.
Check the link above I posted for OEM wheel specs

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Looks like bolt pattern is the same but big concern is the wider hub bore GM/Chevy has.

So if you can finD a hub centric ring to make up that gain I think you will be ok ( but I’m no rocket scientist)

Last edited:

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This came up as well in a previous thread, and I thought the difference was about the thickness of 3 sheets of paper. Most people don’t use hub rings on lug centric wheels, but some people don’t understand yet.

At least a half inch spacer for a GM wheel would be a good idea, as some Ram wheel and 285+ tire and lift/level are too close to the control arm as it is.

dearmosd

Reaction score
Sorry people, I posted this question and seems I didnt hit the subscribe button. I am following up on the material now. vdrsnk04, do you have a picture we can click and expand bigger.

From my search it seems they will fit but the offset is what had me worried, but I am digesting the info now and will reply my thoughts soon. I ended up getting a set of 20" Wagoneer rims for now but still in search of something that I like better which is specifically the snowflake wheels, just always been a fan of them.

vdrsnk04

Reaction score
Sorry people, I posted this question and seems I didnt hit the subscribe button. I am following up on the material now. vdrsnk04, do you have a picture we can click and expand bigger.

From my search it seems they will fit but the offset is what had me worried, but I am digesting the info now and will reply my thoughts soon. I ended up getting a set of 20" Wagoneer rims for now but still in search of something that I like better which is specifically the snowflake wheels, just always been a fan of them.

Here is two more, this time on snowflakes like you like.

dearmosd

Reaction score
This is where I dont know enough to trust my own answer is the offset. If I read the Chevy info is the offset ET28 (28mm)? and if I read the Ram info ET19.05 (19mm)? Screenshot 2024-04-10 104056.png

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is where I dont know enough to trust my own answer is the offset. If I read the Chevy info is the offset ET28 (28mm)? and if I read the Ram info ET19.05 (19mm)? View attachment 180811
Yes the Chevy wheel will sit further in which will probably need a spacer to run, plus the RAM wheel sits in enough that I would want to move it out further.

Users who are viewing this thread