5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone running Falken Wildpeak HT/02's?

John Jensen

Reaction score
Check out the Michelin Agilis Crossclimates, they are a hiway type tread and are snow rated. I'm running Wildpeak A/T3s but will be changing to the Michelin Agilis Crossclimates. I like the look of the A/T3s but don't need the aggressive tread . Thinking the Michelin Agilis Crossclimates will help my MPG.

My brother went to the Michelin Agilis Crossclimates because he found that Amazon is using them on their Prime vans. So far he likes them better than anything he's tried in the past, and he's tried many. He says much better on icy and wet roads, but hasn't tried them in snow yet.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had both Michelin and the Conti's and both are great tires. That said I give the edge to the Conti's they are wearing very well. I have 35K on mine and still at least 2/3 tread left. Also wet traction is the best I've ever had out of a truck tire and it seems to hold up as the tires age. The Michelins seem to get a bit hard over time and you loose some of the wet traction.

KevinT

Reaction score
Bump on this thread as I'm also curious about the Wildpeak HT. Any other feedback? Looking to replace the factory Falken Wildpeak AT3WA tires. Those have been a good tire in many driving conditions. As a concrete cowboy, I should be considering a HT vs AT rated tire.

Jgervin85

Reaction score
Hi all,

My OEM Duelers are about shot at 29k miles and I'm shopping for some new tires. My rig is a pavement queen, so I don't really need an A/T tire. Ergo, I'm mainly looking at the following options: Michelin Defender LTX, Continental TerrainContact H/T, and Falken Wildpeak HT/02. I can find plenty of articles+testimonials+review videos on the Defenders and Contis, but hardly anything at all about the Wildpeaks. Does anyone here run them? If so, what is your opinion of them?
This is hilarious, I'm at the exact same stage with the Duelers. 2021 and I just hit 29k last week. My tread is getting pretty low but the main problem is they are dry rotting bad. I live in North TX and park outside but I've never had this happen to tires that quick. I'm eyeballing those Falkens, what did you end up going with?

Jgervin85

Reaction score
Bump on this thread as I'm also curious about the Wildpeak HT. Any other feedback? Looking to replace the factory Falken Wildpeak AT3WA tires. Those have been a good tire in many driving conditions. As a concrete cowboy, I should be considering a HT vs AT rated tire.
So what did you end up going with? I'm trying to decide right now what to get on my 2021 Night edition.

DeanM2

Reaction score
I considered those tires as well. Like the OP, I don't really off road, but do enjoy the rain and snow. I wanted something that looked just a bit more aggressive than the Michelins.
I went with Yokohama Geolander A/T's. Very happy with them.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Depends if you tow, and what kind of ground you drive on imo.
Pirelli are excellent tires for driving on paved roads, and decent in the snow (their snow tires are amazing)
Agree. On my Ferd Edge I've had 2 sets of Pirelli Scorpions, the latest set have lasted over 60K (with at least 10K safely left) and did great in 4+" snow the one or two times I needed them. Soft sidewalls is the only downside, a rip/rap rock in the road sliced it clean open, costing me 4 new tires (due to AWD).

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
I run them. Just got some Fuel Rebel wheels, too. Love the feel of these tires. Very smooth but still look a little more aggressive than the typical street tire.

Attachments

• IMG_1910.jpeg
    IMG_1910.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 38

Ready Go

Reaction score
I run them. Just got some Fuel Rebel wheels, too. Love the feel of these tires. Very smooth but still look a little more aggressive than the typical street tire.
Looks like you need to update your signature now...Not Stock.🤣

What size tire is this..looks really nice! (the Rebel too!)

John Jensen

Reaction score
Sorry - hadn't logged in here for a while. I went with the Conti H/T's. Very happy with them so far.
Me too. Put the Continental TerrainContact H/T 275x70-18 on my 2020 and I believe they are better than the Michelins which I'll never buy again. My tire dealer says they have several full-timers and campers pulling large fifth wheels and swear by them.

Users who are viewing this thread