5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone running Carli Suspension?

mplaramie

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the awesome info and response- I really appreciate it. After reading your recommendations (as well as a few others) I definitely will be opting for the 18's. I couldn't agree more with your take on lift height and true capability- so many guys think taller is better and suffer on the trails. Hence why I opted for the 3-inch lift ( I figure it's a good compromise between a strict level kit and a 4 inch suspension lift). One last question, what is your opinion on the BDS recommended tire size of 33x 12.5s vs 35x 12.5's on this 3 inch lift? My last ram I installed the Bilstein level and ran 275x65 R20 with no rubbing. Definitely not trying to stuff the largest tires possible and would prefer to not rub. Again, thank you so much.
If you want the 35x12.50 tire, you need to get a slight negative offset wheel like @H2OMAN mentioned. The less tire width while keeping the larger diameter, the more you can go with a 0 or positive offset. Really depends how much poke you want. Also, I think the factory wheels are a +19 offset.

Hope this makes sense and I don't have it wrong..... 🤣

erikbmack

Reaction score
If you want the 35x12.50 tire, you need to get a slight negative offset wheel like @H2OMAN mentioned. The less tire width while keeping the larger diameter, the more you can go with a 0 or positive offset. Really depends how much poke you want. Also, I think the factory wheels are a +19 offset.

Hope this makes sense and I don't have it wrong..... 🤣
Absolutely. Yes, as @H2OMAN recommended earlier I'm looking at a -12mm offset for a slightly aggressive stance on either 33's or 35's. I really don't want to deal with rubbing as (to me at least) it feels like it defeats the purpose of upgrading the suspension etc. Rubbing with any articulation is a lose-lose in my book. I know some guys love just shoving the largest tire possible under (and there's nothing wrong with that) but I prefer the look and feel of a well-fit tire with some wiggle room for articulation etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread