5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone running BF Goodrich KM3 on their trucks ?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I really like how they seem to make any wheel an aggressive look. But I know for my winter wheels it won’t due since I do not believe their are snow rated. But they have that look that makes me look twice lol. BEA1CEB2-E6BE-425A-9FAF-591DF7C8A6B4.jpeg

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
I really like how they seem to make any wheel an aggressive look. But I know for my winter wheels it won’t due since I do not believe their are snow rated. But they have that look that makes me look twice lol.

I agree; the KM3s were on my shortlist as well since I love the look. I had KM2s in the past and do recall that they were not fun in packed snow/icy road conditions and don't think these have enough sipping to improve much in that regard. For that reason, I am probably going to take a harder look at the General Gragger X3. If I don't find a MT that can handle the winter stuff too well, I may stick with my "go to" tire, Nitto Ridge Grappler" for looks and better all around performance. But I love the looks of the KM3s!

Boston

Reaction score
I use KM3 on my wheeling truck and they are great tires off road and remarkably good on road.
But not convinced I would use them on a daily driver.

7amada

Reaction score
Road noise?
Also check out Mickey Thompson Baja Boss new tire.

Zoompastu

Reaction score
MT’s in ice and snow Really are not ideal… deep snow is one thing but driving around on road you’re dealing with more ice or packed road surface not allowing the tires to scoop and without proper siping stopping distance is increased compared to other tires. Falken AT3W was AMAZING And served me well in everything but mud.

But for a mud terrain this works very well and is actually quite impressively quiet and smooth despite its looks. 3ply sidewall and still light for its class

7amada

Reaction score
MT’s in ice and snow Really are not ideal… deep snow is one thing but driving around on road you’re dealing with more ice or packed road surface not allowing the tires to scoop and without proper siping stopping distance is increased compared to other tires. Falken AT3W was AMAZING And served me well in everything but mud.

But for a mud terrain this works very well and is actually quite impressively quiet and smooth despite its looks. 3ply sidewall and still light for its class
Never heard of that tire

Zoompastu

Reaction score
Never heard of that tire
It’s gaining in popularity for the last couple years. Do a search on YouTube and you’ll see positive reviews everywhere. Lite Brite is a hugely popular YouTube channel. Britney and her husband Kevin run around off road EVERYWHERE and these tires are Championed there. Their jeep has changed a lot since this link I’m posting for the review. They are now running 40 inch mile star Patagonia MT after doing a 6.4 L hemi swap in their Jeep

7amada

Reaction score
It’s gaining in popularity for the last couple years. Do a search on YouTube and you’ll see positive reviews everywhere. Lite Brite is a hugely popular YouTube channel. Britney and her husband Kevin run around off road EVERYWHERE and these tires are Championed there. Their jeep has changed a lot since this link I’m posting for the review. They are now running 40 inch mile star Patagonia MT after doing a 6.4 L hemi swap in their Jeep

Ill check out some reviews

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nitto exo grapplers are rated for the snow. you can also stud them. not a lot of people run them, but ive always loved them for all uses. theyre also cheaper than ridge grapplers. for some reason the exo's just arent too popular and people dont know about them. i put 40K on my last set and they wore very very well, had at least another 40K left in them.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oh wow then that’s perfect as those are the exact size that I need for my 18” wheels..

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
I'm a BFG guy. I put KM3s on my last truck when they were first available. They were great. So I went with them for my new truck. Mistake. I went through two sets covered under warranty before I settled on AT K02's. Highly disappointed in the KM3s. Unbearable drone between 25mph and 40mph. Both sets.

Users who are viewing this thread