5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone running a K&N cold air intake?

Jnecco

Reaction score
in the market for a new cai too many options. any recommendations or opinions? thank you

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does this also void the warranty?

Nothing voids a warranty unless they can point to the mod/action/inaction causing the problem. If you don’t change your oil at the suggested interval it will void your warranty.

CAIs generally won’t cause issues BUT there are usually two filter options, dry and oiled. It’s possible an oiled filter which is over oiled, could introduce oil into the MAF and screw it up. That might void your warranty. So my personal opinion is to either stick with a dry filter or make sure you follow specs when oiling your filters.

shkelqimfuga

Reaction score
Here's a vid with the S&B cold air intake. Absolutely awesome imo. Much better than the S&B from the 4th gen. I attached also the dynorun I did. The truck is fully stock, only cai. I recommend to listen with headphones.

Attachments

• IMG_20190606_150229_681.jpg
    IMG_20190606_150229_681.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 69

cotonymopar

Reaction score
I have had oiled CAI for years... never had a problem or a problem with the warranty... do what the directions say, and you will be fine... I have had quite a few CAI, to me, with the new design, I just want to replace the tube... the rest seem to promote good airflow... the biggest problem is with warm or hot air... some will grab warmer air from under the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread