5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Running 305/50/20 AT Tires on Stock Suspension

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
Just as the title says. Anyone? I know they aren't much taller than stock, but they are wider. Just wondering if any rubbing is an issue? TIA!

Ram Dude

Reaction score
This was my first stock tire replacement and learned with the stock 20” wheels it’s not the ideal setup. It’s just way too wide a tire (I think it’s 12.5” wide) for the stock 20” wheels which leads to significant suspension component rubbing issues. If you read through forum I think you’ll see this confirmed. I have Night Edition package with black 20” wheels and I love them so wanted to stick with them. If sticking with the stock wheels the ideal tire width is in the 11.5-11.7” range. Tire height’s not really the issue when it comes to rubbing with stock 20” wheels and can be resolved with varying the lift height, but it’s the width that’ll have you chasing the rubbing, cutting, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread