5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone running 1/4" front and 3/8" rear wheel spacers?

Polish Falcon

Reaction score
Trying to decide if I want to bother putting on 1/4" front and 3/8" rear wheel spacers, and interested in impressions if anyone may have tried this setup. Here's how I got there, sorry in advance for the math...

Truck is stock with 20 x 9 factory wheels. Stock rear suspension, front lifted 1.3" with Bilstein 5100's.

I measured about 1/2" of tuck in front from the edge of the tire tread to the fender lip, and about 1" rear.

GOAL would be tread edge aligned with fender lips for visual reasons and wider track for better handling. I prefer the appearance of treads that don't stick out past the fender lips so I'm not considering the 1.5" and thicker spacers that are available everywhere. Also need to be able to remove the spacers to pass annual state inspection.

Need the same length of lug nut engagement as the stud diameter. Studs are 14 x 1.50 so 14 / 1.5 = about 9 threads of engagement. I measured about 13 front and 14.5 rear.

Therefore a 1/4" front spacer would still leave 9 threads engagement, and a 3/8" rear would leave about 8, close enough that I would be OK trying it. Anything thicker would require longer studs, and if I got longer studs I wouldn't be able to install the wheels without the spacers for inspection.

Can get this setup in BORA for about $200, with the rears being hubcentric.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Why not? It looks like you have all the details worked out.
It just seems like a negligible difference, but it should work fine.

Why not? It looks like you have all the details worked out.
It just seems like a negligible difference, but it should work fine.

I see you have BORA 3/4” front and 1” rear spacers, I assume you had to trim your studs to use them? Do you notice a difference in handling?

I’m running 3/8” front and rear with no issues. I had 6 full turns by hand…once torqued between 7 & 8.

Attachments

• IMG_3610.jpeg
    IMG_3610.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 71172500140__024F5362-66BF-4130-B178-8057C5021AA6.jpeg
    71172500140__024F5362-66BF-4130-B178-8057C5021AA6.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 51
I see you have BORA 3/4” front and 1” rear spacers, I assume you had to trim your studs to use them? Do you notice a difference in handling?
No, I didn't have to trim. My 18" rebel wheels have a 1" pocket depth. The remaining stud protruding past the 3/4" spacer is 7/8". There is no contact with the inside of the wheel pocket.
My 20" OEM NE bighorn wheels have the same pocket depth.

I can't say that I can notice any difference in the handling characteristics. It feels the same to me.

Last edited:
No, I didn't have to trim. My 18" rebel wheels have a 1" pocket depth. The remaining stud protruding past the 3/4" spacer is 7/8". There is no contact with the inside of the wheel pocket.
My 20" OEM NE bighorn wheels have the same pocket depth.

I can't say that I can notice any difference in the handling characteristics. It feels the same to me.

You've got me leaning towards that 3/4 front / 1 rear spacer setup. Is steering more difficult and did you notice any uneven tire wear?

You've got me leaning towards that 3/4 front / 1 rear spacer setup. Is steering more difficult and did you notice any uneven tire wear?
No, I was ready for a noticeable difference, but it didn't feel any different. It's still smooth all the way through reasonable highway speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back