5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone run the 275/60/20 BFG Load range D KO2s?

Milkman7768

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently posted about adding 1” to my new Limited. I found that through posts on here the suspension can be changed to “Rebel” settings on the Witech making my normal the normal that’s on the Rebel.

Dealer is doing it on 6/5.

I don’t want to change wheels. I found that the 275/60/20 is an inch taller and I really like the BFG KO2s. However, only available in load range D (not C or SL)

I am ok with the ride in “Off road 1” the change is barely noticeable. I am concerned though going up in load range.

I know this is minor but was hoping to hear from someone who jumped to a load range D tire on air suspension. I want the truck to look just a tad beefier. That’s all.

I can certainly get a SL load range tire in the same size. Cooper and Falken make a few.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMENT

Reaction score
I went to a load E Cooper on my Limited w/air. As expected, it drives like it is on rails in long stretches and corners. You will feel find the ride a bit more rough. I am rural and need a tough heavy tire, so the trade offs was simple for me. Still rides better than my wife’s Land Cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're concerned, could go with the Falken. That's what I have. Nice aggressive look. Traction is good in snow. Still rides nice.

Skiordie

Reaction score
Nitto Ridge Grappler comes in that size but in XL, so it’s about 7lbs lighter than the ko2.

Milkman7768

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. After talking to the tire shop and hearing from you guys, I’m going to stick to a standard load tire.

I will let you guys know how the computer Rebel lift goes!

Iluvbitsie

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. After talking to the tire shop and hearing from you guys, I’m going to stick to a standard load tire.

I will let you guys know how the computer Rebel lift goes!

Hi. If you don’t mind me be nosey, what is the cost to do the lift? Thanks

doug55579

Reaction score
I have them on my Big Horn. 275/60/20. They feel a little different than the stock tires, but it is minor. I got used them quick and the truck rides smooth. I imagine the difference with the air suspension is similar. The only noticeable thing now is they hum in the 28-32 mph range for some reason. At speeds lower and higher they are very quiet.

Milkman7768

Reaction score
Got me thinking about those KOs again....

What pressure are you running? I worry the D rating is going to be harsh

Lift appointment for the Witech is next Wednesday. No cost yet. May be free.

EvoRAM

Reaction score
I would say go for the Ridge grapplers in XL load. Currently have the grapplers in E Load and previously the same KO2 in the size you are asking before I sold them. KO2 is surprisingly louder than my E Load grapplers, just proving the reviews wrong, at least for me. I would assume the XL grapplers will ride much better.

I ran the KO2 and Grapplers at about 42 psi.

Texas415

Reaction score
4 corner air, that’s all the way up, off road 2 mode.
Are you running the LT "E" version or the XL version? Looking into getting the same size/tire but haven't decided on the E or XL version. The E states it is taller.

Skiordie

Reaction score
Are you running the LT "E" version or the XL version? Looking into getting the same size/tire but haven't decided on the E or XL version. The E states it is taller.
XL, which makes them about 8 lbs lighter than the KO2.

Milkman7768

Reaction score
I think I will regret not going to my tried and true BFGs. I have talked to more than a few people who have ran them and like them on our trucks.

Will post pics once Witech and tires are done!

Ordering tires tomorrow.

Milkman7768

Reaction score
Well dealer did the lift today. 90.00 plus tax. They manipulated the factory settings. I still have all 5 modes and my new normal is 1” higher.

The BFGS went on today too. Truck downright handles better. Ride is no where near as firm as I was worried about. It’s great!

Question- should I get it aligned or not worry about it? Since the new normal is higher?

Attachments

• 7EDBCCAA-11A3-42D7-8A17-D192750A191E.jpeg
    7EDBCCAA-11A3-42D7-8A17-D192750A191E.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 96
  • C5891442-9D3D-4A8B-92EF-DF2AF9078455.jpeg
    C5891442-9D3D-4A8B-92EF-DF2AF9078455.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 99
  • D9A0FC4C-0A36-4B8F-9983-F5DECF1A2A90.jpeg
    D9A0FC4C-0A36-4B8F-9983-F5DECF1A2A90.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 96

Users who are viewing this thread