5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone remove the engine panel above the hood latch yet???

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Hello,

I am gathering data to add a shock sensor to our alarm system. I have not gone inside the engine panels yet. In searching online I found this video (below) which explains how to get to the hood latch. I have not tackled the current lock/tight/clips thingies on our 2019's so I don't exactly know how they operate from other types of clips, so I am curious what others have experienced with them??? I need to get to the red/black plug noted in the picture or at least follow the wiring to tap into it. I did get the wiring from another member, so now I need to match it with the actual wires to start my venture. Now if I can only find my trim removal tools!!!

Any thoughts on going into this area of engine would be appreciated before I get started. I am thinking it is pretty straight forward with popping up the clips to get into this area; just want to be sure.

Thanks!!!

How to remove hood latch video:

Users who are viewing this thread