5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone remove the buckle from back of Longhorn seats?

giff71

Reaction score
First, i love the look of the leather in my longhorn. However, since the day i bought it, i could not stand the purse like buckles on the back of the driver/passenger seats.

I have looked and it looks like removing them would leave some holes and unfinished looks.

Anybody figure something out on them?

drstein

Reaction score
Yup, only sit in the front. They are supposed to resemble saddle bags. Agree its a bit much, but I think, as you stated, removing them will leave you with holes, ect.

giff71

Reaction score
Yup, only sit in the front. They are supposed to resemble saddle bags. Agree its a bit much, but I think, as you stated, removing them will leave you with holes, ect.

Lol, yea i dont see them much but my kids are wearing me out about them!

I might try to tone them down by making them a darker grey/black, or something that matches but darker

adamrod

Reaction score
Similar question, has anybody tried removing the longhorn logo leather emblems stitched into the back rests? Is there full leather behind them? Don't want to take them off and find a hole back there.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I get a lot of compliments on those. Even people that aren’t fans of the western motif are impressed with the attention to detail.

But to your point, I think they’d leave holes or threads; they’re sewn on like functional buckles.

bfhawki

Reaction score
I am a Texas Tech alumni and this is hard to have “Longhorn” every where on the truck but I wanted there light brown interior. That was the problem, black carpets or Longhorn emblems. I figured I could figure out how to toned the emblems down and I really didn’t want the black carpets more.

I hope we get to have some college football this year. Go Tech!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am a Texas Tech alumni and this is hard to have “Longhorn” every where on the truck but I wanted there light brown interior. That was the problem, black carpets or Longhorn emblems. I figured I could figure out how to toned the emblems down and I really didn’t want the black carpets more.

I hope we get to have some college football this year. Go Tech!
As an Aggie, I see it as representing Fort Worth and/or the State of Texas, not ut. ;)

bmoremd21053

Reaction score
So no one has removed the buckles? I love the interior, but I have to be honest, the buckles are bit much. They just kinda flop around and don't serve a purpose, I am waiting for one of my kids to tear the things off and then have a bigger problem. I feel like you should be able to pry open the upper snap, but it is connected to the leather. So I was hoping someone else has tried it first. HA

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So no one has removed the buckles? I love the interior, but I have to be honest, the buckles are bit much. They just kinda flop around and don't serve a purpose, I am waiting for one of my kids to tear the things off and then have a bigger problem. I feel like you should be able to pry open the upper snap, but it is connected to the leather. So I was hoping someone else has tried it first. HA
Yes, I had my 2018 Longhorn that had it…finally got tired of passengers commenting on the damned things. So, I replaced them with these and never heard another comment after that:

Keeps those pocket flaps tightly closed and it is now deadly quiet in the back seat when I pick up clients!

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
I like my truck, but I got the Limited Longhorn because my wife found the truck and thought the saddle colored leather interior wouldn't get as hot as the black leather of the Limited Sport (similarly equipped) I was looking at.

I ain't gonna lie: all of the tiny-tot cap-gun engraving, woodgrain, and these saddle bag handles are a just little too much "Yee-ha" for my liking. Kinda wishing I would've just gotten the Limited Sport instead.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I like my truck, but I got the Limited Longhorn because my wife found the truck and thought the saddle colored leather interior wouldn't get as hot as the black leather of the Limited Sport (similarly equipped) I was looking at.

I ain't gonna lie: all of the tiny-tot cap-gun engraving, woodgrain, and these saddle bag handles are a just little too much "Yee-ha" for my liking. Kinda wishing I would've just gotten the Limited Sport instead.
My main reason for getting a Limited instead of a Longhorn was because I don't like chrome and you can't get the Night Edition package on the Longhorn. I could probably live with the western themed interior but I'm kind of glad I don't have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online