5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone regret going back to highway terrain?

Curlymurt

Reaction score
Who has regrets going back to a highway terrain tire? I'm leaning towards 275/70r18 Control Terraincontact H/T. I'm coming off of the Wildpeaks AT3W which are awesome and look aggressive, but now loud and wide and I'm mainly a highway queen.

With all that said, going back to a smooth sidewall has me nervous. Any pics of a similar sized highway tour on the truck?

Anchor Down

Reaction score
I have the Michelan MS2s and have used those on my Ram since 2014. My Laramie is so damn quiet on the road I'm afraid of falling asleep. They come with a 70K and although they are quite expensive, I've never been stuck in the snow here in Ohio.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I like my all terrains. Don’t think I’ll ever go back to highway tires

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have only regretted changing to from highway tires to AT tires.

My last 3 Rams I switched from the factory highway tires to AT tires and each time ended up with a louder, rougher riding tire that cost me about 2 mpg and received almost no benefit from them except I though they looked a little better. I'm a slow learner but I will never put AT tires on my current truck.

The 275/70r18 you are considering is not a small tire. It's over 33 inches tall and about 10.8 inches wide. The stock 285/45R22s on my current truck are shorter at 32 tall and 11 wide.

IMG_3093.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread