5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone pulled off 2"/3" Drop?

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
As the title says, let's see some pics if you have. I already have 2" drop in the rear but want to drop the front 2" and 1" more in the rear.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’d do 2/4” unless you like the raked look.

Yes, lots of people have done it, but it’s not as popular here for whatever reason.

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
The only company making a 4" drop is Maxtrac, and I don't want to use their kit. The front is ok, but the 4" drop from them needs to much extra stuff to make it right. So I will bypass them for now.

The 1" of rake may or may not bother me. I'd like to see one to be able to tell.

U

User_67930

What extra stuff does it need for the rear?
I've had their 2/4 kit on mine for close to 600 miles with no issues, rides nice and looks great.

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
It needs an adjustable pan hard bar, adjustable sway bar and depending on how you want it to ride, new shocks. Most of the people say the shocks are the weak link in the kit. I know it's not "too much" for some people. And it is all up to the individual, so...

I'm glad some people are happy with the kit, even the guy who does my stuff has their kit on his Ram. But he understands where I am coming from.

I actually may wind up with their kit, simply because it's out now and available. And I am sick of waiting. My guy assures me we can get it to ride "stock" like. So I am almost talked into it.

Chief holley

Reaction score
What extra stuff does it need for the rear?
I've had their 2/4 kit on mine for close to 600 miles with no issues, rides nice and looks great.
I have a Maxtrac kit as well, but I have rubbing on the front passenger wheel. How do I get rid of that? I think I also have some camber as well

U

User_67930

I have a Maxtrac kit as well, but I have rubbing on the front passenger wheel. How do I get rid of that? I think I also have some camber as well
It does state on their website that if you go to a 2" drop on the front that it may not align to spec, my camber is out in the front also and there is only one way around that.
I'm not sure why you would be rubbing on the front however, thats odd.

My rear wheels are centered front to rear and side to side so on my application I didn't need an adjustable track bar and the endlinks that came with the kit worked with my stock rear sway bar, only time will tell about the lifespan of the rear shocks but that is an easy upgrade.

U

User_67930

I will say if I were to do it over I would buy the IHC kit.
But it is only for 2wd applications, so for it to work with my 4x4 truck I would have to buy the Maxtrac adjustable struts to lower the front.

With that combo you would have a nice low truck with a perfect alignment. The only part out of the IHC kit that won't work on a 4x4 truck are the lower control arms, the rest of their kit will bolt on fine. Their kit has the adjustable upper control arms that will bring the front camber back into spec, and with the IHC kit you reuse the stock rear shocks.

Chief holley

Reaction score
It does state on their website that if you go to a 2" drop on the front that it may not align to spec, my camber is out in the front also and there is only one way around that.
I'm not sure why you would be rubbing on the front however, thats odd.

My rear wheels are centered front to rear and side to side so on my application I didn't need an adjustable track bar and the endlinks that came with the kit worked with my stock rear sway bar, only time will tell about the lifespan of the rear shocks but that is an easy upgrade.
Well, it rubs when I’m trying to cut it to left. I have no issues cutting it to the right. I spoke with Max Trac about this and they said that they actually have something that may help it in testing now, I believe he said it was a front control bar, not sure anymore. I just want to fix that horrible running noise and get a little turning radius back.

Users who are viewing this thread