5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone notice the remote starter for 2019 lacks in comparison to the last generation?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In what way? Distance? It seems to function exactly like the 4th Gen... maybe you're experiencing issue nobody's come across yet?

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Personally, mine works great. Certainly seems to have a better distance than my 2015 EcoDiesel did. I can start my vehicle from inside my second story office with two three exterior walls separating.

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
Mine has a better distance than my 14 F150 did, (Can't comment on the mustang since my stang was a manual)

it takes a little longer though for some reason but the "dealer' told me it's doing a system check, rather thats true or not I don't know, but it def takes 2 seconds longer to remote start than my fathers F150 which starts right away.

Ty9122

Reaction score
Probably just my luck then , I find the range weaker for both unobstructed and obstructed distance

Sometimes I do it from really close and the just doesn’t start

silverbullet

Reaction score
Probably just my luck then , I find the range weaker for both unobstructed and obstructed distance

Maybe try replacing the battery or using your spare to see if there is any difference.

Laramie81

Reaction score

I don’t know exactly how the truck receives the signal, but I suppose there could be some kind of interference. Like if I have my fob and my phone in the same pocket the passive entry doesn’t always work. Maybe not, but you never know.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If you are in a high RF or WIFI area it will drastically reduce the range of any remote fob. Also parking near a chainlink fence can reduce performance of the fob.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
My 2016 ram remote starter worked better at 3 years old than this new one does

Oh you are not imagining things, the delay is REAL! AND the lack of distance range is ALSO less. In all of my other RAMS, (and even tho this one is my most favoritest ever "design wise") to me, every single thing i ask the truck to do from starting, turning on the radio, selecting features, locking, unlocking, you name it and there is D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y a delay. It might only be a 1 to 2 second delay, but it is there., and YES, it is quite annoying...lol "

I'm like, "come onnnnn girl, you waiting for a special invitaion"?! lol

Sooooo, RAM giveth & taketh becuz my Black Beauty brings me more joy with her NEW DESIGN when i drive & look at her than ALL of my previous trucks before her...lol

Ty9122

Reaction score
So I didn’t notice before but with the new remotes , you push the button and the red light flashes and if you don’t hold it long enough for it to flash a second time it doesn’t work

So push and hold for two red flashes and repeat and it seems to work every time

Users who are viewing this thread