5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know if an active air dam can...

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...be added to a ‘20 1500 DT with Air Suspension?

Wondering if the front end wiring harness has the connector, and if AlphaOBD can turn it on...

Anybody done it?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
...be added to a ‘20 1500 DT with Air Suspension?

Wondering if the front end wiring harness has the connector, and if AlphaOBD can turn it on...

Anybody done it?
Which model do you have? Our 2020 Limited (with air suspension) came with the active air dam. It should be easy enough to look to see if you have the wiring on your truck. I removed my air dams, but here's a pic of the connector taped over another section of wire harness to keep it from hanging down.

Attachments

• Active air dam wiring.jpg
    Active air dam wiring.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Reactions: cj7

FishOn

Reaction score
Don't know about the air ride or existing wiring, but I removed my AAD and AGS when I changed the grill/bumper/skid plate and had to remove them from the PCM with AlfaOBD to get rid of the CELs... So there IS a way to turn it on through AlfaOBD.

ldoh

Reaction score
Sort of related. I took a close look at it when changing the oil and was surprised by how fragile and cheaply made it is. It's held in place with plastic brackets. Any slight jostle under there and I predict an expensive replacement.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Don't know about the air ride or existing wiring, but I removed my AAD and AGS when I changed the grill/bumper/skid plate and had to remove them from the PCM with AlfaOBD to get rid of the CELs... So there IS a way to turn it on through AlfaOBD.
No CEL for removing the AAD. I've had them removed from both of our trucks for almost a year now with no CEL's ever having been thrown. Because of that, I wonder if AlphaOBD would be able to activate it. But since I don't have one I really don't know.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which model do you have? Our 2020 Limited (with air suspension) came with the active air dam. It should be easy enough to look to see if you have the wiring on your truck. I removed my air dams, but here's a pic of the connector taped over another section of wire harness to keep it from hanging down.
Thx!
20 Laramie Crew 5.7 ET 4WD
Where does the AAD wire rejoin the harness? I can’t seem to find that branch of the wire loom on my truck...

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thx!
20 Laramie Crew 5.7 ET 4WD
Where does the AAD wire rejoin the harness? I can’t seem to find that branch of the wire loom on my truck...
Sorry, I'm not sure, but I would guess it's in the area of the lower front fender, in front of the tire. It's too nasty outside to look right now. I'll crawl under there and look if the weather warms up this weekend.

Reactions: cj7

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sort of related. I took a close look at it when changing the oil and was surprised by how fragile and cheaply made it is. It's held in place with plastic brackets. Any slight jostle under there and I predict an expensive replacement.
It deploys @ 35 MPH, moves air around the truck, no need to over engineer a pivot bracket. Just my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread