5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know how to remove the entire bezel on the sport hood to install a new one with black badging?

rnoggle

Reaction score
from what I've read, you just need to pry it off with plastic trim removal tool. You can't save it. the retaining clips will break off.
Apparently, that part of the hood is double walled and the clips are between the inner and outer layers.

NTX_Ian

Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a thread where everyone agreed on a final answer but I would like to remove that as well, and also the two small fin looking grills. You thinking about color matching the whole piece?

Wheeler

Reaction score
My friend just replaced his
Just pray it break all the tabs underneath. He took noise reducer pad u Der the hood and reached the tabs

GraniteRam

Reaction score
If you break it removing it I have a brand new one to sell.

JayDog198

Reaction score
I bought a new one with black badges. Just want to take this one off and install the new one.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I bought a new one with black badges. Just want to take this one off and install the new one.
I did the same, but I felt it was easier to just swap the badges instead of the whole panel.

2022limitednightedition

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find the replacement plastic clips after taking the hood bezel off? The dealership doesn’t show where they are serviced separately and the PPF installer just busted a bunch of them when they did my hood.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I replaced mine with black ones. I don't recall it having plastic clips. Mine were metal and part of the badge.

And I just tossed my stock ones last month when I was cleaning the garage. 😔

ShortStack

Reaction score
Advance Auto Parts has this clips. My son and I work on a lot of cars for crazy money. Just find the Dorman molding retainer clips.

Efannin37

Reaction score
Is the same situation for the 2 hood vents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread