5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know how to get rid of annoying Sirius XM ad pop-up?

wills446

Reaction score
I bought my truck this past April and my 6 month free trial of SiriusXM expired in October. I have less than zero interest in a SiriusXM subscription. Starting last week, this annoying advertisement started popping up every time I start the truck. It won't go away until I press the red X. Does anyone know how to make it go away for good? (without paying for a subscription, of course. I hate SiriusXM)

IMG_3587.jpg

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You pretty much have to contact Sirius and tell them to desist. They’re aggressive and will continue to pester you in anyway they possibly can if you don’t make it crystal clear you’re not interested.

wills446

Reaction score
You pretty much have to contact Sirius and tell them to desist. They’re aggressive and will continue to pester you in anyway they possibly can if you don’t make it crystal clear you’re not interested.
Sorry, Goatmann, but that is terrible advice. Have you ever actually contacted Sirius? I have, and I can tell you what will happen. They won't do what you ask and then they will call, email, and text you relentlessly trying to get you to sign up.

What I'm asking is if there is a way to disable ads in the interface. It's a technical question. Thanks to anyone reading in advance.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, Goatmann, but that is terrible advice. Have you ever actually contacted Sirius? I have, and I can tell you what will happen. They won't do what you ask and then they will call, email, and text you relentlessly trying to get you to sign up.

What I'm asking is if there is a way to disable ads in the interface. It's a technical question. Thanks to anyone reading in advance.
Take it how you want to, mister, just offering up a suggestion. And yes, I have contacted Sirius, I’m a subscriber. Try it before you knock it. Meaning call them, have your VIN ready, they will need it .

temfi

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen but with XM Guardian. I called XM and asked them how to stop the pop ups. They told me to log onto website and there is a button to click to turn off notification. Did not renew and have not had pop up since. It was a while ago so forgive me for not remembering the exact steps.

fliptide

Reaction score
I got the same popup. Hit listen now and has not popped back up.

tech97elec

Reaction score
I went into the source settings and changed the "HIDE" and "SHOW" settings for which sources i was interested in. I never had to call XM.

I set all to HIDE, except for FM and BLUETOOTH and that seemed to get rid of XM for me, but my issue is that although i sometimes listen to FM, damned thing always defaults to that and not BLUETOOTH, even if i turn truck off, restart within 5 mins. Phone was left in truck, btw, but no matter it goes to FM. Have to reselect BT.

I now have latest 26.17. Sorry, hope im not hijacking, related so didnt create new post

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I went into the source settings and changed the "HIDE" and "SHOW" settings for which sources i was interested in. I never had to call XM.

I set all to HIDE, except for FM and BLUETOOTH and that seemed to get rid of XM for me, but my issue is that although i sometimes listen to FM, damned thing always defaults to that and not BLUETOOTH, even if i turn truck off, restart within 5 mins. Phone was left in truck, btw, but no matter it goes to FM. Have to reselect BT.

I now have latest 26.17. Sorry, hope im not hijacking, related so didnt create new post
on mine there is a setting to start where i left off
i have mine set to usb drive or aux drive

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OP, There must be a setting to disable notifications because like tech97elec I don't get the pop up. Nor do I subscribe to XM (and also have no interest in it either). I don't remember changing any notification settings specific to XM, but shutting all the notification crap off is one of the first things I do with any technology. I guess I'm a "don't call me, I'll call you" kind of person and I don't need pop ups of the news, weather, or advertising.

Yeah, I think I remember seeing a setting to have the truck default to your last source. So if you're on bluetooth when the power shuts off, it will default to that, or if you're on FM when it powers down it defaults to FM on the next start up. I'd have to hunt for it though to confirm, but that sounds familiar.

tech97elec

Reaction score
Hmmmm.... you know i remember seeing that and set it to last source, but that was many software updates ago! Ill recheck, thanks for reviving my memory!

Users who are viewing this thread