5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know how to disable auto park brake on UC5

deanno33

Reaction score
Had a couple UC4 Rams and easy to disable the auto park brake nonsense (if door is open and truck put in gear brake engages and truck goes in park). There doesn't seem to be the same setting with the 2022 UC5....that I can find anyway.

Sure I'm minority but prefer UC4 so far. The daytime display on UC5 is light color and seems fonts are small and also lighter so I personally have a hard to seeing everything clearly. Night view is fine. Granted my eyes aren't what they used to be but still...should have some more theme and font options.

Maybe I missed some things but I spent a pretty good deal of time playing around in it.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There isn't a way to disable that, "safety feature" and I thought the same so leave my display in night mode all the time. I liked UC4 because it was familiar but UC5 is definitely nicer once you get used to it.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Yeah, I also have mine set on dark theme all the time. I too do not care for the GUI on uConnect 5. All the fonts, "radio buttons" (selected option circle), etc. are much smaller and more difficult to discern. The mapping themes have been removed and that is infuriating. My 2020 on the auto park brake was disabled, but would still put the clamps on if the door was opened. Only way "around it" is to buckle the seat belt. The Anthony Yelchin tragedy cemented this "safety feature" into all FCA/Stellantis products with the shift-by-wire options years ago.

I hope UC5 gets some much-needed firmware updates for a number of issues ASAP including the usability issues listed above.

deanno33

Reaction score
I know my 2020 and 2021 I was able to completely disable the auto park brake...even if door was open. There are times when backing around my cabin I like to crack the door and just watch where my rear wheels are. I know...get used to mirrors and camera.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can't disable it on any 5th Gen. I think it won't do it if the seat belt is clicked. I haven't tested it, but I think someone mentioned they use one of those small seat belt extenders so the truck always thinks the seat belt is clicked and they are able to backup fine with the door open.

The setting for auto-park in Uconnect is for the actual parking brake and not for the truck shifting into park when the door is open.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I won’t have my truck back until tomorrow to find the setting, but mine had a toggle in the settings that was disabled by default. I enabled it when I found it.

deanno33

Reaction score
I won’t have my truck back until tomorrow to find the setting, but mine had a toggle in the settings that was disabled by default. I enabled it when I found it.
Pretty sure that's the auto parking brake that auto sets each time you park your truck. (a convenience function). The one I'm referring to is the safety function where if your car door is cracked and you either go forward or back...it slams the parking brake on.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's the auto parking brake that auto sets each time you park your truck. (a convenience function). The one I'm referring to is the safety function where if your car door is cracked and you either go forward or back...it slams the parking brake on.
Oh, sorry about that. I must’ve misread the post.

squid013

Reaction score
Ill have to cruise through the alfaobd menus maybe it can be disabled there

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

deanno33

Reaction score
Oh, sorry about that. I must’ve misread the post.
Some of the settings are so similar...I was trying them all to see what would disable the auto park. Nothing unfortunately. Oh well. not that big of a deal. Figured I'd start the thread to see if anyone found something I couldn't.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have not tried it in the Ram but in my Jeep it did not slam the brake on, it throws the transmission into park. I am aware of it from my Jeep and avoid doing this. You can wear your seatbelt to pop an extender in the buckle to trick it. You can then drive with your door open and be free to tear it off on that tree at the side of the drive you forgot to look out for!

Users who are viewing this thread