5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Know for Sure if the Fenders are Actually Level?

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
I read one comment in another post where they said if the fenders measure exactly the same height, you are actually nose high.
Meaning the rear fender is cutout slightly higher than the front.
The poster said he used a level under the doors on a flat garage.
Maybe on the bed rail would work also.

I'm over thinking my level, I know. But it makes a difference to me as far as if I go with rear Bilsteins and coil springs or not, as I try to keep some rake

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want the rear Bils, than yes, you are definitely nose high and must get them to correct this crime against all that is holy.

:devilish:

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Remembering that the rear Bils don’t lift …. They are good for 0”-2”, but you’ll need new springs, or a spacer to lift a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
Thats for the replies, but not what I am asking.
When the fenders are level, is the body actually level?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would say, yes. If I get some time tomorrow, I'll jack up the front of my truck 1" and put a level on the bed rail to check it out.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I jacked up the front of my truck so the front and back fenders were both at 39 1/4". The second pic is after I jacked up the front. My front fender measures 15/16" lower than the rear with a 2" leveling kit. With both fenders at the same height, the body of my truck is slightly nose high. It was very hard to tell visually, but the level doesn't lie. 20211202_135829.jpg 20211202_140414.jpg

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
I jacked up the front of my truck so the front and back fenders were both at 39 1/4". The second pic is after I jacked up the front. My front fender measures 15/16" lower than the rear with a 2" leveling kit. With both fenders at the same height, the body of my truck is slightly nose high. It was very hard to tell visually, but the level doesn't lie. View attachment 112741 View attachment 112742
Interesting.
Thanks for taking the time.
Looks like a very small difference, the garage floor your parked on is likely graded to a drain and even that could be throwing it off.
But it does appear if anything, the front is slightly higher if fenders are level.

The main reason I asked is because my 2020 laramie night edition only has 1 5/8" rake measuring ground to fender with stock tires.
(36 5/8 front; 38 1/4" rear)
I just bought it used, and am wondering if there is a 1/2" spacer hiding on top of the front spring.
The guy towed a lot I think, maybe the rear is compressed?
You have the same truck and had much more rake. Somethings fishy on mine I think.
It makes trying to do a level and maintain some rake while fitting a bigger tire quite a headache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online