5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone install the brake moan bracket kit?

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
I'm doing mine finally this weekend and just had a question about removing the caliper bracket bolts. Do I need to do anything with the e brake? The instructions don't mention anything but just curious what others did.
Thanks

raygun9

Reaction score
I'm doing mine finally this weekend and just had a question about removing the caliper bracket bolts. Do I need to do anything with the e brake? The instructions don't mention anything but just curious what others did.
Thanks
Nothing with the ebrake. There are a few youtube videos on it, swap one bolt at a time.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, instantly solved the backing up 'Chewbacca' sound I had been getting since new.

Dealer had no idea what I was talking about, so I bought & installed the 'kit' myself. Other than the OEM mounting bolts being very tight, it was a quick and easy install.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks
There is a setting in Uconnect to retract the electronic parking brake or place it in service mode. If you don't do this you may crush the actuator. Also, disconnect the battery incase the parking brake is triggered while is it is apart. That will also fudge up the rear parking brake

raygun9

Reaction score
Thanks mate. Those f***ing bolts tho are on there tight as.....
Pita... post your results. Some say it works great, a few guys said it didnt help at all.

BowDown

Reaction score
Mine does it occasionally, has to be humid out and it has to be cool air temps like 50°-65°.
It only last a few pumps of the brakes when in reverse, basically out of my driveway then I never hear it again. Not worth my time to address and I'm pretty sure my truck already has the kit on it.

Insanity

Reaction score
Mine does it occasionally, has to be humid out and it has to be cool air temps like 50°-65°.
It only last a few pumps of the brakes when in reverse, basically out of my driveway then I never hear it again. Not worth my time to address and I'm pretty sure my truck already has the kit on it.

Mine is acting exactly the same it's only annoying once a day. I can live with it especially if that mickymouse excuse of a fix is the best answer.

DusterJoe

Reaction score
I've been noticing this horrible sound when I reverse out of the driveway in the mornings. I said something to the dealer about a TSB concerning this and was told they couldnt find one. Does anyone have a TSB number or a link to it? I'd love to print it and bring it.

Thanks,

DusterJoe

BowDown

Reaction score
I've been noticing this horrible sound when I reverse out of the driveway in the mornings. I said something to the dealer about a TSB concerning this and was told they couldnt find one. Does anyone have a TSB number or a link to it? I'd love to print it and bring it.

Thanks,

DusterJoe

only for 2019's though, 2020 and up supposedly already have the bracket

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had the TSB performed in Jan. 2020.
It helped a lot but I still hear a faint moaning sound occasionally on cool mornings.

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
Pita... post your results. Some say it works great, a few guys said it didnt help at all.

Did it this morning, not too bad. The bolts holding the caliper are quite tight which was surprising. And I needed to remove the tires to get to the top bolts. Will see tomorrow morning how well it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread