5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone in Los Angeles area with Mopar Catback?

Derekb2102

Reaction score
Good Afternoon everyone, new member here!

I really want to add an aftermarket exhaust to my 1500 Laramie but I'm concerned about losing the refinement. I have watched nearly every video available on every model from Borla, Flowmaster, Corsa, Carven and Mopar. I'm siding more towards keeping it OEM to preserve the warranty and avoid the hassle if any problems arise later on. The problem is its so hard to decide from video clips and I don't want to spend >$1K and be disappointed or have to remove it afterwards. Does anyone in or around LA area have a 5th gen 1500 with a Mopar Catback or a Borla touring that I could arrange to meet and hear in person before commiting?

If this sort of meet up post isn't allowed I am sorry and please feel free to delete.

Thanks in advance

Derekb2102

Reaction score
I did a pretty thorough review here (https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/mopar’s-“ram-airflow”-cold-air-intake-system-for-ram-1500.11037/post-231568) but also live in the South Bay if you’re down for a drive. I’m sure we can figure out a social distance listening session ha.
Thanks, that is a very thorough review! I really appreciate that. My wife and I have just moved here to California 2 weeks ago so we are exploring at every opportunity. We will defo take a trip up north at some point so it would be great if I could arrange a meet up and to hear it in person. I really want to hear it in person before I commit to fitting.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Thanks, that is a very thorough review! I really appreciate that. My wife and I have just moved here to California 2 weeks ago so we are exploring at every opportunity. We will defo take a trip up north at some point so it would be great if I could arrange a meet up and to hear it in person. I really want to hear it in person before I commit to fitting.
I think he means south bay like around LAX not south bay as in San Jose.

(I moved from SF BAy Area to LA and it still takes me a moment to remember)

Hallbag

Reaction score
I think he means south bay like around LAX not south bay as in San Jose.

(I moved from SF BAy Area to LA and it still takes me a moment to remember)

Correct, the beach cities aka South Bay. Where’d you move from? We got out here 5 years ago.

Derekb2102

Reaction score
Correct, the beach cities aka South Bay. Where’d you move from? We got out here 5 years ago.
That is even better then! The truck is in the dealership for its first service and a warranty AC fix but should have it back tomorrow and then we are off for a few days if you're free. She is a travel nurse so we came here for an assignment, we came from Savannah Georgia.

Users who are viewing this thread