5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone in California recently pay off their loan with Chrysler Capital?

dop

Reaction score
How long did it take to receive your title from the DMV after it's been paid off?

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Can't speak for CA, but I paid mine off in VA on 7/21 and nothing yet.

bryan28

Reaction score
When I pay off a vehicle it can take up to a month here in Tn.

ny2az

Reaction score
Up to a month sounds right ... time you make the pay't, 7-10 before they credit the acct as paid in full then notify your states dmv to issue the title if your not in a title holding state ... if you are in a title holding state and waiting on a lien relase letter ... then appox. 3 weeks

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s interesting. In Maryland, we get a title right away with the lienholder block entered with the financial company’s info. When we pay off the loan, we get a piece of paper on lienholder letterhead which is called a “lien release letter”.
I wonder why this process isn’t standardized for the US.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not Chrysler Capital but we've recently paid off a Honda loan and it took 45 days to get our title.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not Chrysler Capital but we've recently paid off a Honda loan and it took 45 days to get our title.
Wow, another reason I wish things would be standardized. Honda financial is who I last had also, and I got the lien release and loan satisfaction letters in 3 days.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For my Charger, I refinanced with capital one. Here in NJ, it takes a month after payoff. You actually get a payoff letter first, the. The title later.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The excuse is standard across the board now. Something is late, backorder, not in stock, shipping delay, it's not incompetence.

In the case of the title its not worthless, can't be fired for any reason, just working for the next break state employees.

In all cases it's now COVID. This is the perfect excuse for sloth.

U

User_3336

When I pay off a vehicle it can take up to a month here in Tn.
TYPICALLY, last truck took about 2 months total, 90 days to get the registration. Everything backed up with shortness of staff. (IN TN)

U

User_3336

The excuse is standard across the board now. Something is late, backorder, not in stock, shipping delay, it's not incompetence.

In the case of the title its not worthless, can't be fired for any reason, just working for the next break state employees.

In all cases it's now COVID. This is the perfect excuse for sloth.
Call and b*i*t*c*h about your registration or title not being received, they'll just make you wait LONGER here in TN.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Not really a deal in Arkansas. You pay off the loan, then often get a letter from the finance company in a week or two. Then the title shows up when ever it does. I normally write what vehicle it is on the outside of the envelope and chunk it in the safe. Sometimes I don't even open the envelope because it just doesn't matter until I get ready to sell it. And even then, I do a bill of sale because that is the only way I will have a record. All I do with the title is sign the back in the appropriate spot for the seller and let the buyer fill out the rest as needed. For new vehicles, I usually never see a title because I trade so often.

U

User_3336

Not really a deal in Arkansas. You pay off the loan, then often get a letter from the finance company in a week or two. Then the title shows up when ever it does. I normally write what vehicle it is on the outside of the envelope and chunk it in the safe. Sometimes I don't even open the envelope because it just doesn't matter until I get ready to sell it. And even then, I do a bill of sale because that is the only way I will have a record. All I do with the title is sign the back in the appropriate spot for the seller and let the buyer fill out the rest as needed. For new vehicles, I usually never see a title because I trade so often.

Might be a good idea to make sure everything is right on the title, right?

steveved

Reaction score
Since the OP is in California, do NOT expect the title anytime soon. I recently read a thread on the Camaro forum about someone from Nevada, who bought a Camaro in California with a cashiers check. Took him 130 days to get his title.

Check this out: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597831

California just seems to have more red tape and takes longer to do things than any other state I am aware of.

So, all I can say is: be patient. You will get it eventually. But I doubt it will be a month or two like in other states.

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
When i registered a car from Rhode Island to Connecticut, it took RI DMV over 180 days to send the title over to CT DMV. That was in 2016.
Last year in CA when i paid off my bike it took 3 weeks to get the title from CA dmv....

sd2134

Reaction score
In 2019 paid my wife's Dodge off with the first payment. Received a lien release from Chrysler Capital after 60 days no title, they are electronic (ELT) in Nevada. Waited 60 days, called Chrysler Capital, they forgot to check the box to notify Nevada DMV of the lien release. Title arrived within a week, does not list Chrysler anywhere on the title.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread