5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone having fuel gauge issues?

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
recently my fuel gauge has started sticking. Usually happens when my tank is half full. I'll park my truck with gauge reading half full then upon starting it back up it would read 1/4 tank. After driving a couple of miles my gas gauge will go from below 1/4 tank - then up to half tank and then back down again. I've also noticed lately my MPG will be all over the place. It usually stays between 12.3mpg-12.8mpg but recently its been reading 10.9,pg-11.3mpg. Freakin weird. I've never had mpg readings that low ever. I check the psi in all 4 tires and they haven't budged. same gas as I always use.

Can anyone relate?

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
I can't say what your particular issue is, but every time I've had a fuel gauge wandering and/or indicating a higher fuel level the more I drove, it turned out to be a fuel pump problem. They quit shortly after I got those indications from the gauge.

Rich221500

Reaction score
My 2022 1500 does something similar with the gauge (not MPG). After parked for a while it reads about 1/8 tank low. Corrects after driving a bit but seems to float back and forth a bit.

I also back into my parking space which is on a slope (rear of the truck is lower than front). I assume this is the cause… hope the fuel system is ok.
Any update on yours?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yea, I don't know what is up with my Guage. I top up the tank and PRESTO! before you know it the thing is reading empty again.

Users who are viewing this thread