5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have the catback exhaust system from Mopar?

Omac

Reaction score
Want to know if anyone has the catback system that you can get from the dealer ship. And I was told it is completely under warranty still. If so any clips and thoughts about the system. Wanting to put on my Laramie sport

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check with our member PorBoy. He's quite the expert on the Mopar exhaust catback system!

Dynamite

Reaction score

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol considering that I’ve had two and currently have it on, I love how it brings the truck to life.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Has anyone found out the true net in extra power gained from installing the mopar exhaust yet?

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Will be very minimal! Exhausts do not gain you power, unless you are doing major engine upgrades.
I know it can't be much but also know that a duel exit with a single enter muffler should produce more flow resulting in more power essentially. Of course other things come into the equation with pipe size and initial flow entering the exhaust system which will optimize the amount of power made. I guess what I'm really asking is with how the flowmaster American thunder is manufacturered it should theoretically produce more power. So I guess it just matters what sounds best to you personally. Maybe I answered my own question lol

PorBoy

Reaction score
Well considering mine is going to be pulled and back to stock, sadly that I can not answer for you.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Honestly I LOVE it and this is actually my second one on this truck. I’m selling as I’ve installed a BDS lift and my wife swears it’s now louder. So to keep said peace I am going back to stock.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Honestly I LOVE it and this is actually my second one on this truck. I’m selling as I’ve installed a BDS lift and my wife swears it’s now louder. So to keep said peace I am going back to stock.
Sometimes it's better to let in lol I'm just looking for whatever exhaust is manufacturered to produce optimal performance with a stock engine setup. I guess it's still too early to tell.

TLOC

Reaction score
Anyone know what grade stainless the Mopar exhaust is made out of? 304, 409 etc etc? Thanks...T

RamSco

Reaction score
If you haven't replaced your system yet, check out this thread. MOBORORAM19 added some auger style mufflers to his American Thunder Cat Back to tone it down.

"Flowmaster 817843 American Thunder 3” catback exhaust"

U

User_18352

I had this installed a few days ago at the dealer and I couldn't be happier with it.

I was pretty disappointed with the exhaust sound of the DT versus DS models with the 5.7 when I purchased this truck. The Mopar Catback wasn't yet available in Canada when I purchased my truck and I prefer OEM Accessories to aftermarket (most of the time) so I waited it out. Found a pretty reasonable deal for the Catback and the 5" Tips so I decided it was time to pull the trigger.

Here are a couple of observations,

Cold / Warm
It's a lot louder from a cold start than I had anticipated, I've even heard a crackle or a pop once or twice. The noise calms down within 5-10 seconds, after 20-30 seconds it calms down even more. As soon as I figure out how to go about posting videos on here I'll put one up as an example.
You definitely know it's there from a warm start but not nearly as loud as cold.

Cruising Speed
It's pretty quiet but you can definitely hear the difference versus stock, I don't think it would be a deal breaker for someone looking to upgrade but doesn't want their exhaust to be too loud. Absolutely no drone even when MDS kicks in.

Throttle Position
It makes more noise when you push the gas, it's a performance exhaust system that's kind of what it was designed to do. The sound level escalates the further you push the pedal, I haven't pushed it to WOT yet but I've pushed to 3/4 and it sounds magnificent!

Attachments

• 20200410_145054.jpg
    20200410_145054.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 20200410_145101.jpg
    20200410_145101.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 92

PorBoy

Reaction score
Welcome to the Mopar exhaust paired with 5” tips club lol.

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Are there various mopar exhaust? I’ve seen different part numbers online at versions prices. I have a 2020 Laramie 5.7 with e torque. Can someone provide the part number for my vehicle? Also I assume I reuse my factory exhaust tips? Thanks

PorBoy

Reaction score
As far as I’m aware after owning (2) maybe three sadly I can’t remember of them, there is only one. Yes you can either use your factory tips or buy their Mopar 5” ones in polished or black...

Users who are viewing this thread