5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have rambox sport utility rails? or other possible suggestions for bike carrying with rambox and tonneau

purz

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has the rambox sport utility rails? (which are ofcourse discontinued, it seems like most useful things mopar makes).

It still seems possible to get them in a few places but the pictures are bad or are mostly of the non rambox version. I'm really hoping the bracket that holds the crossbar comes into the bed enough to clear the rails of my hard rollup tonneau cover. This will solve my fatbike winter hauling dilemma (will also allow me to bring bikes + kayaks places). Apparently Ram tailgates are thick which causes bike tailgate pads to rub the fork stanchions on mtbs. I might be able to use Ride88's rack but I'm not sure if my tonneau will roll up behind it and it seems like the bikes might stick out too far to put on the bed extender (also need the parts to attach that, was lucky enough to buy the divider cheap locally). Ride88 rack is also expensive. There's a Utah company that makes a rack that keeps the bikes in the bed and the wheels on but I'd have to remove my tonneau to use it (prolly my 2nd option cause id have the same issue with crossbars or id have to figure out how to lock up my rolled up tonneau).

Not sure if anyone else has solved this problem. I've just been using my hitch rack in the summer but I don't want the road salt to destroy both it and my bikes. Kind of regretting ramboxes / a short bed atm. I think they've caused me more issues than they've solved.

Wfrank005

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has the rambox sport utility rails? (which are ofcourse discontinued, it seems like most useful things mopar makes).

It still seems possible to get them in a few places but the pictures are bad or are mostly of the non rambox version. I'm really hoping the bracket that holds the crossbar comes into the bed enough to clear the rails of my hard rollup tonneau cover. This will solve my fatbike winter hauling dilemma (will also allow me to bring bikes + kayaks places). Apparently Ram tailgates are thick which causes bike tailgate pads to rub the fork stanchions on mtbs. I might be able to use Ride88's rack but I'm not sure if my tonneau will roll up behind it and it seems like the bikes might stick out too far to put on the bed extender (also need the parts to attach that, was lucky enough to buy the divider cheap locally). Ride88 rack is also expensive. There's a Utah company that makes a rack that keeps the bikes in the bed and the wheels on but I'd have to remove my tonneau to use it (prolly my 2nd option cause id have the same issue with crossbars or id have to figure out how to lock up my rolled up tonneau).

Not sure if anyone else has solved this problem. I've just been using my hitch rack in the summer but I don't want the road salt to destroy both it and my bikes. Kind of regretting ramboxes / a short bed atm. I think they've caused me more issues than they've solved.
purz - Any luck with this?? I'm looking for the same thing but no luck...

Users who are viewing this thread