5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have issues with passenger side passive entry?

zx3junglist

Reaction score
I've noticed that my passenger side passive entry hasn't worked. I wonder if the fob battery is getting low? It's working from the driver's side. The push button lock on the passenger side only works some of the time as well. Sometimes I'll handle-lock it from the passenger side and it'll unlock itself after a second, then I'll hear click click click from there, with some of the instrument lights flashing.

Sounds a whole lot like a fault that I'll need to get serviced, but just curious if anyone else has experienced the same.

Hunts99

Reaction score
Not sure if this may help, but pay attention to any other "power" issues you may have with the passengers door. Mine would intermittently not allow for the power mirrors (bringing in, or adjusting), the blind spot monitoring would go on and off, then would not allow the window to go down. Dealer replaced the wiring harness on the passenger door and that fixed all the power issues. However, I didn't test the passive entry on the side to see if that was effected as well.

Not saying that is the culprit in your circumstance, but may be worth checking out to see if you have any other power-type issues. I wouldn't think that the fob battery would be dying because they are "supposed" to last years.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Try with the FOB outside your pocket to test.
I have a similar issue but only with certain clothing materials. Some fabrics seem to block the RF from the FOB (on driver's door). It's always the same garments, if I take it out of the pocket, it works fine. Just a thought.

Cheers,

zx3junglist

Reaction score
Try with the FOB outside your pocket to test.
I have a similar issue but only with certain clothing materials. Some fabrics seem to block the RF from the FOB (on driver's door). It's always the same garments, if I take it out of the pocket, it works fine. Just a thought.

Cheers,
Thanks for the thoughts, yes I've tried it bringing the fob up close to the door while trying. Haven't been able to get it to chooch.

MoparRamMan

Reaction score
The driver side passive entry quit working yesterday without warning. Passenger side works fine. Twice, walking up to the truck, within five feet, the doors unlocked (as if I was grabbing the handle). It sounds like I may have a door handle sensor issue. What do you expect from a $72,000 truck...

Truckit

Reaction score
I have had the drivers side handle replaced on the 2015, 2017 and 2019 Limited for the same problem. They changed some lock module first on the 15 but it was the handle. The last two trucks acted up and they changed the handle and fixed the problem. Might be moisture in the handle???

Users who are viewing this thread