5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have good luck with after market Warranties on your truck?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone get the extended or after market warranty or plans on their trucks. If so did you have a good or bad experience and if so what was it? I was debating getting one for my new 2025 just in case and I was curious if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks!

mplaramie

Reaction score
MaxCare through Granger or Ziegler. It's the best way to ensure you get OEM parts if you need repairs. Like ALL warranties, sometime claims are easy and sometime not so much.

MoparServiceContract

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone get the extended or after market warranty or plans on their trucks. If so did you have a good or bad experience and if so what was it? I was debating getting one for my new 2025 just in case and I was curious if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks!
Hi, I work at Chrysler Warranty Direct and have a discount for anyone mentioning the forums, send over the last eight of your vin, miles and state you live in for a quote. The maximum care plan is the best coverage you can buy and when you buy it with under 12k miles you get the lowest price.

My email is [email protected] if you'd like a quote.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have no experience with 3rd party warranties with a Ram because of experiences with having them on other vehicles prior to ever owning a Ram truck. I would avoid them at all costs. Generally they are much more painful to work with on a claim. Way more hoops to jump through. And some even require you to pay for covered items (such as a rental car) and then you jump through more hoops to claim a reimbursement from the warranty company. Everything they do seems to be an attempt to get you to give up and not bother. Stick with a Mopar extended service contract if you want an extended warranty. It still sucks to deal with but it's much less painful.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have no experience with 3rd party warranties with a Ram because of experiences with having them on other vehicles prior to ever owning a Ram truck. I would avoid them at all costs. Generally they are much more painful to work with on a claim. Way more hoops to jump through. And some even require you to pay for covered items (such as a rental car) and then you jump through more hoops to claim a reimbursement from the warranty company. Everything they do seems to be an attempt to get you to give up and not bother. Stick with a Mopar extended service contract if you want an extended warranty. It still sucks to deal with but it's much less painful.
Exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking about going with Mopar for the peace of mind and didn't know if anyone had used them before. My concern is that 4 years in I have a major issue and it would be nice to have some sort of coverage so I don't have to pay for a huge expense. I will look into the mopar one. Thanks!
I have got warranties on other vehicles and never really used them but I guess that's what happens when you get a warranty. You get it and never use it and then the one time I don't get it I will need it.

Users who are viewing this thread