5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have FOX 2.0's Installed

Mattdunne1985

Reaction score
So I will have front and rear soon. I was just curious if anyone had them and what their opinions were. I was gifted the coilovers and the rears from my brother but i cant seem to find much info for them on RAMs. I should have installed and new Tires next week and ill post some photos. Thanks for any info.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i consider 2.0s beginner shocks. Similar to Bilstein 5100s but with Fox valving.
Ok to run but if you're gonna hit a lot of trails, especially doing higher speed, plan to upgrade.

Mattdunne1985

Reaction score
i consider 2.0s beginner shocks. Similar to Bilstein 5100s but with Fox valving.
Ok to run but if you're gonna hit a lot of trails, especially doing higher speed, plan to upgrade.
Yeah. I don’t go off road much at all. Mainly commuter for me. There is a local ad a guy has the icon 2.5 2-3” VSRR set for $1k. Like half price. But I don’t know that I need it and these were free to me.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the 2.0 are rebuildable, if so depending miles, you might want to before installing since free. They claim rebuilds for coilovers are around 50K.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't believe the Fox 2.0's are rebuildable, if I recall from my buying cycle.

But I do think they are good quality, and unlike the Fox 2.5's, they should last closer to 100k miles.

But as mentioned, they are good shocks depending on your expectations.
No 2.0 Shock will transform your rig into a TRX.

Rather, premium 2.0's are great for giving you increased ride height, and has damping better suited to handling heavier wheel/tire setups, as stock damping can go to crap with a heavy setup, even if it performs very well stock. So generally improved handling on the street.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting... though that article is confusing my lizard brain.
Seems to make reference to 2.0 sets with reservoirs, though halfway down the page they drop that suffix and show non-resi images; I am not sure if that makes a difference.
Looks to be a service Shock Surplus offers.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the adventure series might not be rebuildable. Haven't looked into them. I contemplated the 2.0 Performance series, but bit the bullet on the BDS 3" w/ Fox 2.5.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fox 2.0 Performance series has reservoirs. The Regular 2.0' do not. Both are rebuildable.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah. I don’t go off road much at all. Mainly commuter for me. There is a local ad a guy has the icon 2.5 2-3” VSRR set for $1k. Like half price. But I don’t know that I need it and these were free to me.
i wouldn't touch icons even if someone pays me to take them.
the fox 2.0 is perfect for your use. go for them!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't believe the Fox 2.0's are rebuildable, if I recall from my buying cycle.

But I do think they are good quality, and unlike the Fox 2.5's, they should last closer to 100k miles.

But as mentioned, they are good shocks depending on your expectations.
No 2.0 Shock will transform your rig into a TRX.

Rather, premium 2.0's are great for giving you increased ride height, and has damping better suited to handling heavier wheel/tire setups, as stock damping can go to crap with a heavy setup, even if it performs very well stock. So generally improved handling on the street.
not even the 2.5s will get you anywhere close to TRX level...
at least not the ones off the shelf. Carli Performance King 2.5 are closer, but still nowhere close. To achieve close to TRX i need custom long travel that's tuned to my truck's weight.

Mattdunne1985

Reaction score
I believe the 2.0 are rebuildable, if so depending miles, you might want to before installing since free. They claim rebuilds for coilovers are around 50K.
Yes they are rebuildable. They are brand new though.. My bro had a hookup and got them for me as a thank you for some side projects I’ve done for him.

Mattdunne1985

Reaction score
Finished product! Fox 2.0s front and rear. Coilovers adjusted 6 turns(.4”)over factory. Also installed stock rebel rear springs. With the tire height included. Gained 5” in front. 2.5” in rear. Ground to center 40.25” front. 40.5” rear. I’m sure it will settle a bit. Rides super smooth. No rubbing at all. Tires 275/65/20 Baja Boss on stock 20’s

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpeg
    IMG_0136.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0135.jpeg
    IMG_0135.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2536.jpeg
    IMG_2536.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 81

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finished product! Fox 2.0s front and rear. Coilovers adjusted 6 turns(.4”)over factory. Also installed stock rebel rear springs. With the tire height included. Gained 5” in front. 2.5” in rear. Ground to center 40.25” front. 40.5” rear. I’m sure it will settle a bit. Rides super smooth. No rubbing at all. Tires 275/65/20 Baja Boss on stock 20’s
Looks good man! What year is your truck and what product number did you use for your rebel rear coil springs? I currently have 1” Motofab rear spacer but would like to upgrade to a 1” rear coil spring. Either ORP or Rebel spring would work for me. Just don’t know which product number (S/N) to order.

Mattdunne1985

Reaction score
Looks good man! What year is your truck and what product number did you use for your rebel rear coil springs? I currently have 1” Motofab rear spacer but would like to upgrade to a 1” rear coil spring. Either ORP or Rebel spring would work for me. Just don’t know which product number (S/N) to order.

68370565AB is the spring # that was on it. I confirmed via a thread on here somewhere where someone posted all the different part #s. Truck is a 21. BH midnight 2WD.​

phoenixfire1212

Reaction score
Sitting at same ride height with Bilstein 5112 all around and F+R ORP springs and Mopar lift uca's. Getting ready to put Mickey's 285/65/20s on fuel rebel 20x9 with a +1 offset. Put 275/65 in atturo xt but wanted a tad wider and better quality tires. U like the Baja's so far?

DOFF

Reaction score
How did you get a 2.5” lift out of the fox 2.0s? Did you add a spacer?

DOFF

Reaction score
Ya I guess fully reading would help 🤣 I was unaware you could get 2.5” lift from the 2.0s. Thought the max height was 2”

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ya I guess fully reading would help 🤣 I was unaware you could get 2.5” lift from the 2.0s. Thought the max height was 2”
I've done it before as well lol. I have seen some people throw the motofab .5 spacer on top which isn't enough to hurt anything.

Users who are viewing this thread