5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have experience with PPF Install by Koons?

scubes13

Reaction score
For all I know they may not even offer it.

But, a point was raised in one of my other threads about having the dealer just do the PPF before I pick up the vehicle.

In this case, Koons is 8.5 hours away from me. So...

A) Anyone have experience good or bad with Koons installing PPF on their vehicles?

B) Is it wise to get a PPF install done so far from home? (Not sure what the warranty, etc is with this stuff as I am just beginning to research...)

Cajun_

Reaction score

But, a point was raised in one of my other threads about having the dealer just do the PPF before I pick up the vehicle.

A) Anyone have experience good or bad with Koons installing PPF on their vehicles?

B) Is it wise to get a PPF install done so far from home? (Not sure what the warranty, etc is with this stuff as I am just beginning to research...)
Get PPF installed by a detailer. You need light paint correction and what not even with a new truck. Xpel seems to be the best.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep and I bet they charge you’ll more for the convenience aka them dropping the truck off to someone local to probably do it. Wait till u get back in your area and have it done meanwhile blue painters tape the front.. just don’t keep it on there to long especially in the heat or use that other temporary tape guys seem to use on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I don't know anything about Koons, but generally, I wouldn't trust a dealer to do anything with the paint let alone make sure it's perfect prior to installing a PPF.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Yep and I bet they charge you’ll more for the convenience aka them dropping the truck off to someone local to probably do it. Wait till u get back in your area and have it done meanwhile blue painters tape the front.. just don’t keep it on there to long especially in the heat or use that other temporary tape guys seem to use on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
if they haven't delivered the truck just ask them to leave the shipping film on it. or better yet deliver it to the detailer.

Users who are viewing this thread