5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have experience with GapShield Tailgate Gap Cover

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with GapShield tailgate cover? I am looking for something to keep crap (rocks, bark dust, junk) from falling in the gap between the tailgate and bed of the truck. The GapShield seems like a silly-simple design that would work well. Just looking for feedback or other options.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually had thought of that. You need to insert it once the tailgate is open though dont you? If you can close the tailgate with a pool noodle in there Id need to figure that out as I cannot see you could. Every time I have hauled loose items like dirt gravel or bark dust it immediacy fills that crack when the tailgate is dropped.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yep just put it in before and close it, now the noodle I got are the small ones not the big 4 inch ones.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well there ya go! Thank you. That seems like a much cheaper option. I wont be hauling that kind of stuff much, but when I do, I'd like to mind the gap.

Something like this size is what you used? Id probably hit the dollar store to find one. At the price of these, I would just buy the GapShield

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yep that size. I got mine at Canadian Tire, got 2 of them for $1 as it was off season.

Daverous

Reaction score
Ive run a gapshield for a bit over a year. No issues other than a little spendy. Its held up to stone, gravel, building lumber, logs, dirt, tools, ext.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
For the few times I haul crap in my bed, I went the cheap route. A pool noodle cut in half fits in there and does the job.
That's a great idea. Do you leave it in place all the time or take out when you're not hauling anything?

beetlespin

Reaction score
That's what I call using your truck as a truck. I've hauled a lot of things but never gravel.

Daverous

Reaction score
Thanks. Sticks to the bed liner well too I assume?
Yep. Came with a primer pen and hasn't peeled at all. Mine is stuck to a linex premium spray in, the glossy one, without any issue. I have it stuck down on both sides to avoid it flipping back when I slide junk in.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. Came with a primer pen and hasn't peeled at all. Mine is stuck to a linex premium spray in, the glossy one, without any issue. I have it stuck down on both sides to avoid it flipping back when I slide junk in.
You must have added some more 3m tape to the other side of it then or is that an option it comes with? I did not see it.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I call using your truck as a truck. I've hauled a lot of things but never gravel.
Thats why I got it. I went back and forth between a truck and a large SUV. I decided that I have need to haul enough crap that I just want to brush or hose off that I needed a truck.

Daverous

Reaction score
Mine came with tape on both sides so I used it. Maybe they stopped offering that? It does fold a little funny that way.

PROD49

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with GapShield tailgate cover? I am looking for something to keep crap (rocks, bark dust, junk) from falling in the gap between the tailgate and bed of the truck. The GapShield seems like a silly-simple design that would work well. Just looking for feedback or other options.

I have it and works fine. I had same issue when hauling round bales with rocks, dirts, hay getting down there.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Mine came with tape on both sides so I used it. Maybe they stopped offering that? It does fold a little funny that way.
You may have the "Rok Block" branded one or a generic version of it. Those are the one's that i found that tape to the bed and the tailgate side. The GapShield brand one the op was talking about only sticks to the bed and not the tailgate

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't used that ones but 20 so years ago I had a similar type of thing in my Dakota, but it attached with self tapping screws and a strip of aluminum. Worked great for helping to keep dirt and water out of the bed.

Daverous

Reaction score
You may have the "Rok Block" branded one or a generic version of it. Those are the one's that i found that tape to the bed and the tailgate side. The GapShield brand one the op was talking about only sticks to the bed and not the tailgate
Snap, you're right. It was rok block. Apologies all!

Users who are viewing this thread