5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have Color Match Vinyl experience?

fireberd350

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Color Match Vinyl AKA colorxlabs ?
https://www.colorxlabs.com/products/color-match-wrap-vehicle-wrap-that-matches-oem-paint-color

$600 for 4.5' x 9' roll to do both bumpers. I found a shop locally who would do the install "at my own risk". He's skeptical that it will hold up as he's seen chrome wraps fail all too frequently

Some examples from their site loom great

White Silverado Owners response after 3years of on road use was very positive.
1641831321705.png

This guy does not recommend. 2 months to order and the quality is terrible

DSTJ99

Reaction score
I looked into this when I first got my truck last year after not being able to find one with color matched bumpers. I ended up not getting the wrap due to price being too high with possibility of a poor finished product. Max steel is a tricky color.

Planned on just paying to have both painted but chrome grew on me and haven’t done anything yet. I have color matched mirrors I bought that have been in my garage for 6 months…

I think you can order a painted bumper on eBay now for a reasonable price if you care to go through the effort of swapping out.

‘21 1500 Ltd, Max Steel / Indigo Frost

fireberd350

Reaction score
I looked into this when I first got my truck last year after not being able to find one with color matched bumpers. I ended up not getting the wrap due to price being too high with possibility of a poor finished product. Max steel is a tricky color.

Planned on just paying to have both painted but chrome grew on me and haven’t done anything yet. I have color matched mirrors I bought that have been in my garage for 6 months…

I think you can order a painted bumper on eBay now for a reasonable price if you care to go through the effort of swapping out.

‘21 1500 Ltd, Max Steel / Indigo Frost
Details on the ebay bumper please! I was able to find a few questionable bumpers at junkyards but would still need to pay to get em re-painted. Cost was going to be very high.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t personally used them but my $.02. Second video I would take for a grain of salt he probably should of sent that vinyl back plus using it to basic patch up something he’s gonna have those type of issues with the vinyl catching etc. and that video being 3 years old.. I would check with them on their typical shipping times can’t imagine vinyl taking 2 months to get.

If it was me I would do what the first guy suggested and have PPF applied I’ve it. Last time I had my bumpers done I remember them being $300-350 a piece so yep you’ll be paying just as much as the vinyl unless you skip the rear.

I would factor in the cost of grabbing a set of painted bumpers off eBay or something and what it would cost to have them painted your correct color. I would still PPF over these but I’m someone who likes to do what I can to prevent those rock chips as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread