5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have a Sport Hood ? Appearance only?

UDCentaur

Reaction score
2020 Laramie Shopper - under the sport package you can delete the sport hood. Is there any advantage in the sport hood or just for looks?

No - I haven't seen them in person yet, since this whole virus thing. All the pictures online seem to "look" like they are mock holes.

Thanks in advance!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe thier is a delete option when ordering if you don't want the hood.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it a PIA when washing your truck? No regrets?

Really have to make sure you get the suds out of those really well - been time where I can see bubbles a couple hours after ‘being done’.... and I’m pretty sure they would hold water for a bit as well

But once you know these things, it’s a few seconds to adjust

2020 1500 Canadian Sport 4x4 Delmonico Red

Barney556180

Reaction score
When shopping my Laramie I wanted to delete the Sport hood (saving a couple hundred $), but my wife liked it. So...
bbac015e8a387c59c9caa67cb1d471b7.jpg

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Yeah - saw a few today...they do look nice. Didn't see one on Hydro Blue yet in person. Just trying to clean them...ah

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rebels don't count, @REB12HK
LOL

But I do like that stance! (I was going for a white one initially, but wanted the PANO roof)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
As already mentioned, just make sure to dry them out after washing the truck. That includes the larger one in the center rear of the hood too. For me there's no comparison on the two hoods. They should all come with the sport hood IMHO. Shouldn't have to pay more to get one on any trim level 2020 RAM 4 full size.png .

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Def gives the truck a cool look :cool:. 80mph down the highway dries them out as well (y)
True, but the highest speed limit where I live is 60 mph. Many of the county highways are only 50 mph. While it would be fun, it's not worth getting a ticket for reckless driving :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread