5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have a Ravelco anti theft device

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
any member here have a Ravelco installed on any vehicle you own?
do you like it?
has there been any attempt to steal the vehicle?.
does the location of the device get in the way?
the web site shows a 2022 ram and it looks like it might be in the way

2022 ram picture

no politics!!!

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gramps had one in the 80's.
Mostly he left the key in the plug because it was a pain in the a$$.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have one in my Jeep now and had one in my previous truck as well. It’s a good idea in concept, but how often will you actually remove the puck? Most likely, not very often. You cannot use the remote start with the puck removed. But, if you don’t care about that, then it’s not a big deal. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good product and It will give you some piece of mind for sure.
If you get it installed, I highly recommend having it installed under the dash on a bracket. That is the way I had it installed in my truck. When they installed it in my Jeep, they cut a hole in the dash panel under the steering wheel and mounted it there. I can no longer remove that panel if I need to work behind the dash. This became a huge pain in the butt.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I installed one on my TRX. Easy to put in and take out the plug (I did a vertical install that mostly hides it). No complaints whatsoever. And I don’t worry about parking it in public anymore.
BB7527F0-F32E-4D3F-A4EC-0BEE8EAC055C.jpeg 596D109C-E664-45A9-8131-A947F28BF10F.jpeg

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I installed one on my TRX. Easy to put in and take out the plug (I did a vertical install that mostly hides it). No complaints whatsoever. And I don’t worry about parking it in public anymore.
View attachment 121093 View attachment 121094
wife has some concerns.
what happens if someone tries pulling on the wires to dislocate the device?
what happens if someone mess up the prongs in the device?
is the removable part easy to insert because it will only work in a certain position, right?
wife also feels someone would damage the inside more once they broke in and could not drive it off.
does the key plug fall out the way you have it installed?

ShortStack

Reaction score
I've only had LoJack. They install it in a closed are where nobody can see what is going on so nobody can ever find it.
Beauty of LoJack is the Police call LoJack and enable tracing then they can follow it on GPS if it is actually moving.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
wife has some concerns.
what happens if someone tries pulling on the wires to dislocate the device?
If someone tore off the base, the truck wouldn’t start. And it would likely require the Ravelco installer to come back out and figure out how to rewire things again.
what happens if someone mess up the prongs in the device?
It won’t work if the prongs get messed up. But they give you two plugs (and you can order a replacement if need be).
is the removable part easy to insert because it will only work in a certain position, right?
There’s a notch on one part of the plug, so it can only be inserted in one orientation. Pretty straightforward once you get the feel for it.
wife also feels someone would damage the inside more once they broke in and could not drive it off.
does the key plug fall out the way you have it installed?
The plug doesn’t fall out. It requires more or less as much effort as plugging something in to an electrical outlet.

Users who are viewing this thread