5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have a hack for this?

DeckArtist

Reaction score
When I hit the home button on the 12" I get the favorites. Not a huge deal but the favorites I never use since I don't update the UC. Anyone found a way to have the map come up instead of the favorites at first? Not always easy to swipe in heavy traffic or on the freeway.

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
When I hit the home button on the 12" I get the favorites. Not a huge deal but the favorites I never use since I don't update the UC. Anyone found a way to have the map come up instead of the favorites at first? Not always easy to swipe in heavy traffic or on the freeway.

I would suggest adding the NAVIGATION app to the permanent widget bar at the bottom of the screen. You can drag and drop any apps from the “controls” page to that bar to keep them readily available, no matter which screen you’re displaying.

DeckArtist

Reaction score
I would suggest adding the NAVIGATION app to the permanent widget bar at the bottom of the screen. You can drag and drop any apps from the “controls” page to that bar to keep them readily available, no matter which screen you’re displaying.
I do have that already done but tapping that button does show ONLY the map, not the media. I like having them both up at the same time [Pandora].

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is another of those complaints since 2019 that the developers have ignored. I also don't like using voice control to call someone, then hang up and it doesn't go back to the previous screen. You have to manually select home or media screen. These are very simple fixes that a software developer can address, but they don't.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do have that already done but tapping that button does show ONLY the map, not the media. I like having them both up at the same time [Pandora].
My 12" disolay will show the map and Pandora on a split screen, and it remembers the last choice when you plug phone back in. But I don't use Pandora in the truck, so I have it set up to have Android auto on top and media(usually SiriusXM) on bottom when I plug in my phone. When I'm not using android auto, the top display is weather

DeckArtist

Reaction score
This is another of those complaints since 2019 that the developers have ignored. I also don't like using voice control to call someone, then hang up and it doesn't go back to the previous screen. You have to manually select home or media screen. These are very simple fixes that a software developer can address, but they don't.
Yeah and then they ask for $99-$150 to update without fixing thins. Nope.

Users who are viewing this thread