5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have a good site to get the Mopar Tow Hooks & Bezel Kit?

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
tried going through vendors here before it's suggested, but when they don't answer on their own sub-forum after 4-5 days I tend to look elsewhere... thanks in advance.

Ros

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be interested as well for the Chrome ones.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
tried going through vendors here before it's suggested, but when they don't answer on their own sub-forum after 4-5 days I tend to look elsewhere... thanks in advance.
Hmmm, that's weird, @Accessory.Parts usually gets back to me same day. They had a deal on here a little while back, $208.00 for hooks and bezels.

Joe_Lake

Reaction score
Posted in his subforum monday as the link to the tow hooks is dead and ive pm'd him before and never get a reply... so who knows?
Link is fixed now.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my tow hooks on Amazon (link →) Tow hook link
They look and mount exactly like OEM. The finish is satin black and came with bezels. $132, which is about $75 cheaper than OEM.

Not the best view of the hooks but it's apparently the only one I've taken of the front of the truck since putting them on.
1649610826155.jpeg

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They look and mount exactly like OEM. The finish is satin black and came with bezels. $132, which is about $75 cheaper than OEM.

Not the best view of the hooks but it's apparently the only one I've taken of the front of the truck since putting them on.
View attachment 125877
Good price but be sure to read the reviews 😉

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 125877
Dang, off topic but I like the look of the clearance lights on there!! How hard was the install?

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I definitely want the Mopar kit... cant seem to tell on the ebay kits which if any are Mopar.

puba08

Reaction score
There are crazy deals on eBay for these. A few stated mopar/OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good price but be sure to read the reviews 😉
Yeah, what about them? They seem pretty positive. I only see 1 person who didn't like them. Maybe they got a bad set, maybe they scratched the surface while/before installing them, or maybe it's a troll from a competitor trying to direct potential buyers away from their product. Hard to tell, that's why I like getting reviews/recommendations from forums where the product isn't being sold.
I didn't write a review on Amazon but I suppose I could/should. The hooks have been on my truck all winter long (installed in November) and we get a ton of snow. So they've been exposed to moister and salt for 3-4 months now and there's no rust at all. I'll grab a close up of my hooks when I go out today, and post them when I get back to my computer for reference.

Some people don't trust aftermarket parts, and that's fine. If you only want/trust Mopar hooks, there's nothing wrong with that. I have no problem buying aftermarket parts, although it's wise to do your homework when doing so.
I've designed and made stuff that far exceeds the quality of the OEM parts. Of course I've also made some that are inferior to OEM parts. So I expect that when I buy aftermarket, there is a chance they will be inferior to the OEM part, but it doesn't mean they always will be. Some times aftermarket is equivalent, or maybe even better.
I wouldn't say these hooks are any better than OEM hooks, but I'm comfortable saying they're not worse. Basically the same thing at a slightly lower price.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang, off topic but I like the look of the clearance lights on there!! How hard was the install?
Not bad actually. Well, there's a caveat to that but I'll start a spin-off thread so we don't totally derail this one.

The short version is that a traditional install isn't bad (I've done it multiple times) but I came up with a no drill option (not the Caboveramerica set) because I figured there had to be a better way.

****Edit to add link****
Cab light link → No drill cab lights wired to parking lights

Last edited:

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, what about them? They seem pretty positive. I only see 1 person who didn't like them. Maybe they got a bad set, maybe they scratched the surface while/before installing them, or maybe it's a troll from a competitor trying to direct potential buyers away from their product. Hard to tell, that's why I like getting reviews/recommendations from forums where the product isn't being sold.
I didn't write a review on Amazon but I suppose I could/should. The hooks have been on my truck all winter long (installed in November) and we get a ton of snow. So they've been exposed to moister and salt for 3-4 months now and there's no rust at all. I'll grab a close up of my hooks when I go out today, and post them when I get back to my computer for reference.

Some people don't trust aftermarket parts, and that's fine. If you only want/trust Mopar hooks, there's nothing wrong with that. I have no problem buying aftermarket parts, although it's wise to do your homework when doing so.
I've designed and made stuff that far exceeds the quality of the OEM parts. Of course I've also made some that are inferior to OEM parts. So I expect that when I buy aftermarket, there is a chance they will be inferior to the OEM part, but it doesn't mean they always will be. Some times aftermarket is equivalent, or maybe even better.
I wouldn't say these hooks are any better than OEM hooks, but I'm comfortable saying they're not worse. Basically the same thing at a slightly lower price.

Yep, to each their own. Just giving all a fair warning. I know reviews can be biased but pictures don't lie. If someone is willing to take the chance to save a few bucks then by all means have at it. Glad yours are holding up.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, to each their own. Just giving all a fair warning. I know reviews can be biased but pictures don't lie. If someone is willing to take the chance to save a few bucks then by all means have at it. Glad yours are holding up.
It's also worth noting, that I purchased mine before that review was ever written. When I got mine there were only 2 reviews and both had 5 stars. I certainly agree that seeing that would have made me consider it a bit more, but I can say that isn't typical of all of their hooks.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was taking photos for the cab light thread. I figured I'd grab a shot of my tow hook after a winter of snow/salt. Yup it's dirty (just like my paint) because it was raining last time I drove it, but not a speck of rust.

Tow hook close.jpg

Code2medic

Reaction score
IMG_1991.JPG
I finally got around to doing mine after having them in the garage since last year lol.

Users who are viewing this thread