5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone got light bars/pods/etc?

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll try and get some pictures, as I don't have any right now. At the very least I can get some pictures from the outside shortly, but getting underneath to get pics of how I mounted it will be difficult since i'm at work.

Thanks! and just side angle shots would be great, I saw this on amazon and have been tempted to pick it up for my Gambler500 rig, might just get a 2nd for the Rebel

Zeeya

Reaction score
Could not find a mount for the 2019 Rebel. Found these mounts online which are made to go on a side by side roof mount. Rigid Series E 10" Spot/Flood. I don't think I could have put it behind the grill with the lumens/heat it puts out. Does a very good job out on the lease roads in W Texas

Attachments

• IMG_8358.jpg
    IMG_8358.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_8477.jpg
    IMG_8477.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_8467.jpg
    IMG_8467.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_8474--.jpg
    IMG_8474--.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0990.jpg
    IMG_0990.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 312

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you make your own brackets or does someone sell them? I like the 30", don't really want to do the RC 20" setup. Looks great!
I bought a bar with mounts that slide throughout the bar on the backside and I mounted to the peice of wheel metal behind the plastic blocking the bumper grill

Ijlukaa

Reaction score
I bought a bar with mounts that slide throughout the bar on the backside and I mounted to the peice of wheel metal behind the plastic blocking the bumper grill
how did you put fit the 30 inch, what did you do with the sensors did you have them moved or just took them out completely?

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I searched for a while to find a good mount set-up for my light bar. I didn't want to mess with the grill and I didn't want to mount on bumper cause its a silly place for a light bar....more on that below. I ended up installing a backrack (Canadian made). These things are sweet for light mounts. I put my 20" Black Oak bar on the top and since the pic was taken I've installed 2 Black Oak pods on the flat bar facing backwards. The beauty of having the light bar up high on the rack - as opposed to having it on the bumper or in the grill - is that it throws light into the ditches and sides of road better. Especially for those in cold climates where you get snow banks in winter. My bar throws light right over the snowbanks so I can see the dang moose/deer coming.

I can post pics of the reverse light pods installed if anyone interested. Btw - I know Rigid is top-notch, but Black Oak LED is one of the best and reasonably priced IMO. I wasted money on several cheaper bars and nothing compares to these. I had this bar on my 03 Dakota. I missed a turn one night on an icy road and smoked a guardrail. The bar snapped off and was thrown like 50ft into the bush. Check out the broken mounts on the bumper in the pic of the Dakota. I dug through the snow, found it without a scratch on it and it works perfect. Amazing this light bar survived that collision. However, I learned my lesson and its why I don't mount light bars on bumpers....;)

That backrack mount idea is genius!

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I'm totally jealous.

I have ram-boxes so I can't install that go rhino rack.
But I do have go rhino steprails! They're awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread