5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone going to get this engine and install it in their truck

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not when the engine costs more than my truck
Wouldn’t be the first person to do that. Heck I had a built Big Block Olds in a late 70’s Cutlass back in my early 20’s. Motor was worth at least 4x’s the car. Sure was fun and worth every penny.

Sometimes you just gotta be stupid.😁

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be the first person to do that. Heck I had a built Big Block Olds in a late 70’s Cutlass back in my early 20’s. Motor was worth at least 4x’s the car. Sure was fun and worth every penny.

That's a different situation. And that Cutlass is worth more now than it was then as well. Even without the engine

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe when I hit the Powerball tonight.
I was going to post the same.

Yea, I said something at work about the big jackpot and got the comment about wasting money. I said "Yea, I heard that's what the last guy that hit the billion dollar ticket said, 'Dang, I wish I didn't waste that two dollars last week.'. Yea, that's what he said." I just got the blank stare.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to post the same.

Yea, I said something at work about the big jackpot and got the comment about wasting money. I said "Yea, I heard that's what the last guy that hit the billion dollar ticket said, 'Dang, I wish I didn't waste that two dollars last week.'. Yea, that's what he said." I just got the blank stare.
Welp I'm still poor :ROFLMAO: Another chance this Saturday.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
To me that cost is unfathomable. Don't get me wrong, someone will in fact buy them. If they make it into a Ram, who knows. Maybe Chargers, Challengers, maybe a retro-mod?

For perspective, we are big offshore fishermen and own a 36' express with twin diesels. As it's known, marine diesels are some of the most expensive engines in the world. We, just out of curiosity, priced out a re-power. Total cost, installed, was $130,000 for 2 motors. That's pull the old out, re-wire, plumb fuel, match trans, etc. 600 hp Cummins marine. Those engines, were slightly less than $55,000. Oh and long story short, we ended up NOT re-powering after seeing that figure.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To me that cost is unfathomable. Don't get me wrong, someone will in fact buy them. If they make it into a Ram, who knows. Maybe Chargers, Challengers, maybe a retro-mod?

For perspective, we are big offshore fishermen and own a 36' express with twin diesels. As it's known, marine diesels are some of the most expensive engines in the world. We, just out of curiosity, priced out a re-power. Total cost, installed, was $130,000 for 2 motors. That's pull the old out, re-wire, plumb fuel, match trans, etc. 600 hp Cummins marine. Those engines, were slightly less than $55,000. Oh and long story short, we ended up NOT re-powering after seeing that figure.
I think part of the cost is the DSR name attached to it.

Hemidakota

Reaction score

You said early 20's and I immediately got confused because I was thinking 1920's

magnetized

Reaction score
That would be sweet, but think I'd go the wrecked hellcat route. Some guy on yt pulled one out of a charger and put it in his 90s era Dakota. Imagine that was a bit of a handful lol

Users who are viewing this thread