5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Feel Like a Pilot?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ultra Luxury Ride? Then I must hit an awful lot of turbulence during my flights because my truck is the equivilent of a robotic martini shaker that can also identify every granual of the road making a 1/8" pebble feel like I hit a pothole. There is no luxury in my ride..........
With air suspension and not even with the Off-Road Group? Sounds like you might have an issue, sir. Either that or the standard bed trucks ride poorly compared to short bed models, but that seems counterintuitive.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Ummmm...no, and I AM a private pilot. LOL

I get in, crank her up and go, no issues (so far with nearly 3K miles).

From one PP to another, exactly. Thank goodness no tower to burble and decipher and no annual ($$$$$$$$$)

BWP

Reaction score
How you approach managing risk and how you operate any vehicle is discipline. I fly a Boeing 777 and regardless of my experience and comfort it is routine and practice that keep me and my flight crew safe. I am also an instructor and observe that people make mistakes when they are 1. distracted 2. rushing or 3. complacent. This can happen to the best of us so it comes down to knowing what you should do and doing it.

While it is a short 'pre-drive' check, I always make sure the area around my truck is clear, truck looks normal (no damage or flat tires), then getting my seat set in the right position, mirrors are positioned (wife did not drive my truck last), iPhone Keys are stowed in place, seat belt fastened.

Start the truck up, observe normal engine indications, 12" screen is set, mute audio (prevent distraction close to home or critical area like the driveway and pulling out). All seems simple and quick, I don't even think about it. When towing a trailer or loading motorcycles in the bed it is a process, double checking, and slowing down.

Below is not my 12" U-connect its an on board EFB (electronic flight bag) does the same stuff my U-connect does but for navigating in the air to airports and on the ground when we taxi. LOVE my new Rebel 12...my 4th Ram and I have never considered myself a 'Truck Guy'...I guess living in the South will do that to you.

BlckDT

Reaction score
How you approach managing risk and how you operate any vehicle is discipline. I fly a Boeing 777 and regardless of my experience and comfort it is routine and practice that keep me and my flight crew safe.

View attachment 31800

You have the best "other" ride I have ever seen on a forum. Thanks for keeping everyone safe and being disciplined at transporting many lives every day.

Users who are viewing this thread