5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone every replace dash trim between top/bottom glove box?

bdpeter

Reaction score
I got a large scratch in the dash pad that goes between the top and bottom glove box on my Laramie and I'd like to replace it.

It's the padded piece (#12 in parts diagram).

1581522159497.png
Anyone ever replaced one of these and know if I need to remove the whole right side dash assembly? Just trying to determine the amount of work I'm in for.

thanks

STATIC3o5

Reaction score
Item #12 is held in by clips. You need to remove item #2 which is held in with 2 screws up top. remove rubber mat and you'll see them. After the screws are out start at bottom and gently pull back towards you working your way up until its removed. Clips are holding that in as well,Try not to pull to hard or you can rip the cable from the back of the screen out. All in total maybe 15mins tops.

trini_kjt

Reaction score
I replaced mine - buddy poked a hole in the trim with his shotgun (he was awful excited after shooting a bird...)

Was about $100 for the part and literally 10 minutes. I did remove the center stack in order to swap it. Took all of 10 minutes and good as new.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread